Chevron is committed to sound environmental and safety practices and exhibits cultural diversity. Our employees conduct their day-to-day work with the principles outlined in The Chevron Way which expresses our vision to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
If you are interested in becoming a valued employee of Chevron Nigeria Limited, a company that provides excellent career opportunities and welfare packages, this opportunity awaits you! Will you join us?
Job Title: Operator – OKAN PP
Requisition Number: 037136178
Location: Escravos, Delta State, Nigeria
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Observe companies and regulatory agencies safety and environmental rules and regulations. Reports and or corrects any conditions and or practices out of compliance.
- Follow written Operating Procedure and comply with all existing and new policies and operating requirement.
- Operates wells, satellite installations or minor facilities.
- Operates surface production and process equipment such as separators, pumps, chemelectrics, wemcos, filters, chemical injection pumps and other related equipment.
- Tests wells in accordance with established procedures. Records testing conditions, installs proper orifice plates, gauges or meters liquid production, obtains cuts and makes necessary calculations for accurate reporting of test data.
- Perform routine maintenance such as replacing gauge glasses and pressure gauges; repairing dump valves and chemical pumps; maintains fluid levels in mechanical equipment; chipping and painting flow lines, pipelines and vessels.
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned area to promote a safe working environment.
- Perform routine inspection of firefighting and safety equipment.
- Reads and records appropriate process variables and monitors process operating variables. Takes Routing BS&W samples for flow streams and records daily flow rates as required.
- Monitors chemical, solvents and lube oil inventories.
- Must possess at least Diploma in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Oil, gas or water injection field production operations, maintenance or logistic.
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral
- Experience using MS Office application.
Chevron Nigeria Limited hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for employment. The company also provides career opportunities to its workforce in other Chevrons worldwide operations.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply Online
Application Deadline Date
6th May, 2014.