Cameron LNG, a liquefied natural gas (LNG) receipt terminal near the Gulf of Mexico, was constructed to bring clean, efficient natural gas supplies to North America. Today, domestic natural gas production in the U.S. is high, and the Energy Information Administration estimates that the U.S. has more than a 100-year supply of natural gas.
|| Cameron LNG, LLC
| Requisition Number:
| Job Title:
|| Construction Manager
| Area of Interest:
| External Description:
|| The Site Construction Manager (Train) is primarily responsible for overseeing the construction management area team in monitoring the EPC Contractor’s day to day construction activities associated with an individual train. The Site Construction Manage of a Train will have several direct reports or specialists assigned to civil / structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation and controls. Depending on the actual schedule and gap between trains, the Site Construction Manage of a Train can roll from one train to the next which may result in a smaller work force. Many of the specialists will rotate to support commissioning and start up once mechanical completion has been achieved. Initially this position will be located in Houston and will transition to the site in Hackberry, LA. The CLNG Facility is located in Cameron Parish north of Hackberry, LA. Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) will be required.
Responsibilities / Duties:
·Assists Sr. Site Construction Manager in contract negotiations for the major EPC contracts and major equipment purchases. Performs all routine procurement required for administration of the site office and site activities. Ensures contractor has in place necessary site labor agreements and is in compliance with required labor laws. Monitors and supports owner controlled insurance programs as required.
·Oversees and manages contractor(s) construction activities to ensure compliance with engineering drawings, specifications, environmental guidelines, quality assurance programs and construction safety program. Provides necessary coordination and acts as liaison to transition from plant startup and commissioning to plant operations. Monitors and tracks construction schedule and progress and ensures overall project schedule compliance. Reviews and pre-approves contractor payment and change order requests. Reviews and recommends resolutions to Sr. Site Construction Manager on contractual disputes between owner and contractor. Provide input to project weekly and monthly construction progress reports. Participate in regular contractor construction meetings.
·Coordinates with start-up managers and engineers to facilitate start-up of the project in accordance with plant performance expectations. Ensures efficient turnover of plant to operations and maintenance staff and coordinates with the operations and maintenance staff.
· In the absence of the Sr. Site Construction Manager, may manages all owner construction staff required for the project consisting of direct hires, contract employees and consultants and contractors.
| External Qualifications:
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering with supporting business-related studies or background. Advanced degree or professional engineering registration strongly preferred.
· Requires a minimum of 15 years of experience managing large construction projects. Background in management or construction of LNG, Oil & Gas, and energy infrastructure projects preferred.
· Must possess knowledge and understanding of environmental requirements, construction practices/techniques, construction contracting, labor contracts and rules, and project controls and scheduling.
· Experience in monitoring contractor’s QA/QC performance.
· Detailed knowledge of environmental and safety matters as they relate to the energy industry.
· Must be detail oriented, analytical and computer literate.
· Self-starter with proven leadership abilities, strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to align with the strategic direction of the company.
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Team player with demonstrated ability to influence and manage a team to get results.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
· Proficient computer skills including project management, spreadsheets, database, word processing, and presentation software.
· Strong knowledge of engineering and construction standards, materials, and companies/vendors processes.
|| United States
| Work Location:
|| 2925 Briarpark Dr, Ste 900
| State / Province:
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW