This position will provide management of helicopter’s operational support, for the purpose of people and material/equipment movement from Doha Heli-Base to Offshore Installations and any floating maritime fleet i.e. rig, vessels etc. (vice-versa) within the territorial waters of Qatar.
The Aviation Services are provided by a 3 rd Party Helicopter Operator, contracted by Qatar Petroleum (QP). As such, this role will be the Shell’s Primary Focal for all helicopter service requirements in Qatar Shell, including evacuation (emergency & medical) and search & rescue operations.
His/Her roles will exert effective sphere of influence over the contracted service provider to ensure compliance with Shell Group Standards as stipulated in Group Control Framework (GCF) – Air Transport Manual, in addition to prevailing local and international industry requirements.
- Report directly to Logistics Centre of Excellence (CoE) Manager.
- No direct subordinates.
- Working collaboratively with Wells Services and FGP
- Primary spend of approx. USD 5+ mil per annum (OPEX) with direct impact. 1 Aviation Contract – High risks Tactical Contract.
Responsible to manage people from onshore to offshore installations and floating units (rigs or vessels) and vice-versa in safe, cost effective and efficient manner. This includes the management of aviation and its associated risks. As Aviation primary focal, he/she is accountable to:
- Logistics Technical Expertise and Advisory – Work with QP, Aviation Contractor and Shell Aircraft Inc. (SAI) to ensure aviation services are carried out in compliance with Group and Industry Standards as stipulated Group Control Framework (GCF – Air Transport Manual). Liaise with SAI on the periodical Audit on the services and also Helideck at Shell’s operated offshore installations and floating units to ensure risks are managed at ALARP level.
- Spend/Costs Management – Manage aviation spend prudently, to ensure cost expectations are met in accordance to the approved Work Plan and Budget (WPB). Understand and address the variances.
- Contract Management – Contract Holder for Aviation Service and fully responsible to manage the contract throughout its lifecycle (Pre & Post Award, BPR, Disputes, Termination etc.).
- Customer Demand Management – Gather and manage customer’s demand in accordance to agreed Logistics Demand Management Frame Work. Review demand outlook periodically in consultation with customer throughout the Business Plan (BP) and finance cycles to ensure validity and in consistent with the Asset Reference Plan (ARP), update the Integrated Activity Plan and Rig Sequence or Drilling Plan.
- Passenger Handling and Airport Services – Manage all aspects of passenger handling and related airport services in transportation of people from accommodation to offshore installations or floating units. These include booking, reservation, airport transfer, check-in, safety briefing and luggage handling etc.
- Performance Management – Measure, track and review the operational performance of the service provider and address gaps by implementing improvement initiatives in collaboration with QP, Service Providers and Customers.
- Customer Engagement – Ensure Periodical Customer Engagement is done in accordance to an agreed Engagement Plan.
- Improvement Initiatives/Project Management – Adopt LEAN technique, drive or participate in identified initiatives for continuous business improvement.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university or proven equivalent.
- >5 years logistics management experience specifically in aviation operations.
- Knowledge in Quality and Safety Management Systems.
- Communicates effectively with a range of audiences and has substantial impact and influence at all organisational levels.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Key Competences required
Global Logistics Core Competency:
- Determine, Develop and Manage Logistics Strategic Direction (Knowledge)
- Assess Logistics Risks and Implement Mitigation Actions (Knowledge)
- Analyse Logistics Service Requirements and determine resource requirement and responsibilities (Knowledge)
- Develop Logistics Policies and Procedures (Knowledge)
- Assess Logistics Performance (Knowledge)
- Identify and implement Logistics Improvement Opportunities (Knowledge)
- Understand, Execute and Improve Logistics operations for people movement (Knowledge)
- Understand, Execute and Improve Logistics operations for Materials Movement (Knowledge)
- Understand, Execute and Improve Logistics operations supporting Field Services (Knowledge)
- Logistics Contract Management (Skill)
Specific Competency – A. Aviation
A1. Aviation Safety Management System (Knowledge)
A2. Formulate and Execute Aviation Oversight (Knowledge)
A3. Manage Air Transport Services (Knowledge)
A4. Investigate & Learn from HSSE Incidents in Air Transport (Knowledge)