Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry. From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 40,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Job title: Construction Section Manager
Job ID: 15571
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Construction, Subcontracts & Commissioning
1. General Job Description
- Represent the Onshore Construction Section in TECHNIP Abu Dhabi and towards TECHNIP Group and other entities.
- In charge of any Onshore Construction issues in TECHNIP Abu Dhabi Projects and Proposal.
- Ensure strict implementation of the TECHNIP HSE and Quality standards for all activities of the Onshore Construction Section.
- Management of the human resources of the Construction Section in home office and at site.
- Definition of objectives and budget of the Onshore Construction Section.
- Continuous improvement of Onshore Construction Section work processes, procedures.
- Review and approval of the site organisation, Temporary Facilities and Construction Philosophy, defined by the construction engineers/managers.
- Reviews in coordination with the construction engineers/managers, subcontracts team and Proposal Management the best construction strategy for each project.
- Participate in the selection of partners, subcontractors and if required in the preparation of subcontracting or contracting agreements.
- Ensure that the EPC tender scope of work is properly reviewed and understood by assigned Construction Engineer/Manager.
- Ensure that constructability studies are made for EPC proposals.
- Reviews in coordination with the construction engineers, subcontracts team and Project Management the best construction strategy for each project.
- Monitoring construction activities through the weekly and monthly reports.
- Attend regular site visit and perform regular site audits.
- Organize and manage the site construction subcontractors and direct hired workforce.
- Support Contracts Manager, for construction aspect, in any claims build up or defence toward Client or subcontractors.
- Participate as required in project meetings where the agenda relates to project status, construction status, progress, and schedule.
- Support Project Management with respect to construction, to defend TECHNIP Abu Dhabi interest when working in JV or consortium.
- Ensure that site Construction schedule is followed.
4. Human resources
- Appoints construction engineer(s) / manager for each proposal/project
- Appoints the site supervision team for the projects
- Evaluation of construction team members
- Definition of training requirements and implementation of training programs
- Recruitment of construction engineers, supervisors and managers
- Evaluation of anticipated work load
- Ensuring that the construction team understands and follows the Construction Procedures
- Ensuring that Construction site report weekly and monthly are as per department and project requirements/instructions.
- Ensuring that construction close out reports, feedback and Lessons Learned are issued in due time
- Launching of in-house developments and studies when needed in coordination with the corporate Construction Method Centre (CMC).
- Ensure that Constructability programmes are applied on all front-end engineering construction activities.
Reporting to: Construction, Subcontracts & Commissioning Department Manager
Supervising: All personnel belonging to the Onshore Construction Section, such as:
- Site and Construction Managers,
- Yard Managers,
- Construction Engineers
- Construction superintendents
- Site Mobilization and Staffing Team
- GCC Experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience in construction supervision.
- Ability to manage and relevant construction experience in similar industry project
- Execution of large EPC onshore / offshore projects worth more than 500M USD from FEED / Proposal stage to execution
- Engineering degree.
- Fluency in English.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW