Chronos Consulting is a leading provider of recruitment, staffing, consulting, software outsourcing services & solutions for blue chip customers around the world for over 15 years with operations in over 70 countries including USA, UK, Russia, China, India, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, all CEE, Turkey, Australia and Switzerland. The largest recruitment company in Central and Eastern Europe.
Job title: System Administrator (Data Center Windows)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
The System Administrator is responsible for the monitoring and availability of the Data Center Windows Server platform for users’ access.
The System Administrator ensures that the users have access to the various systems during the pre-defined time window and in respect to the predefined security standards and policies.
Data Center infrastructure is built of components that include ISERIES platforms, Windows Server platforms, Messaging/Exchange platforms, and Communications equipment.
The Senior System Administrator ensures that new equipment, services and solutions fit in the global infrastructure and are consistent with standards, procedures and policies.
The System Administrator also provides tier 2nd level support to the Call Center for all system-related calls.
The System Administrator is responsible for implementing all policies and guidelines according to audit recommendations/requirements.
Reporting to: Senior System Coordinator of Data Center
Day-to-Day Data Center System Management
- Is responsible for monitoring the Data Center systems including log messages review, setting-up system alert procedures for CPU, disk utilization, communication traffic.
- Is responsible for remote site server infrastructure management as per above point. These locations are where there are no IT infrastructure staff as designated by the IT Director.
- Is responsible for all Data Center and TEAM Windows Server platforms, in order to deliver high quality day to day service, including security management.
- Provides assistance to the support groups in solving critical issues related to Data Center infrastructure and remote sites.
- Manages backups.
- Ensures system availability and performance as defined in the SLA.
- Is responsible for performing regular measurements for Service Level reporting.
- Constantly improves the tools and procedures in order to maximize the equipment utilization.
Security / User access management:
- Defines and manages user access according to security standards and policies.
- Ensure SOX compliance and monitoring
- Performs 2nd level support for all call related to the Data Center systems.
Coordination with other IT Departments
- Works closely together with DC operations group to guarantee accurate & practical procedures & to design & implement continuous improvement
- Provides direction/guidelines to the local IT support people on the implementation of the infrastructure solutions.
- Participates to the integration of new sites into the Data Center structure.
- Is responsible for the specification and installation of new equipment.
- Participates to the deployment of infrastructure in coordination with the Internal and/or external IT specialists.
- Is responsible for performing System and Application upgrades and patches for all TEAM countries.
- Is responsible for Worldwide application upgrades in coordination with IT Corporate.
- Is responsible for TEAM communication in coordination with Corporate Communication specialists.
- Participates to new technology evaluation in coordination with the Internal and/or external IT specialists.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercise both for DC and remote branch.
- Efficient Data Center Infrastructure to support day-to-day operations for the Windows Server platform.
- Delivery of high quality Infrastructure solution (projects meeting requirements, delivered on time, within budget).
- Successful Disaster &Recovery simulation exercise (Shared accountabilities with Operation Team).
- Successful integration of new sites (shared responsibilities with MBS teams).
- Efficient Issues resolution.
- Effective utilization of standards and procedures.
- Improvement actions result into improvement of services.
- Successful implementation of technology innovations.
- Is responsible for deploying monitoring and supervising tools in TEAM sites.
- Experienced in managing Windows Server platforms (5 years or plus).
- Experienced with DC type of organization or working experience in a support organization.
- Experienced in administrating IT systems.
- Fluent English is a must
- (Considered as a plus: being advanced or fluent language skills in Hungarian.)
Planned start date: the earliest possible, but latest 01 December 2014
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE