Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction. From the deepest offshore developments to the largest and most complex onshore infrastructures, our 40,000 people are constantly expanding the limits of the possible.
Job title: Senior Construction Manager
Job ID: 15687
The key function of the role will be to liaise with Project Managers during home office engineering phase of projects to ensure that projects construction requirements are met.
Reporting lines and interactions:
- Functionally reports to: Manager of Construction and Subcontracts
- Operationally reports to: Project Manager (on assigned projects)
- Directly supervises (operationally): Assigned project construction personnel
- Key interactions (internally, externally):Project Managers, Clients, Peer construction organisations
Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria): dimensions of the job
Support Project Managers in the evaluation of critical rating item list and in the preparation of the contract quality assurance plan. Direct and coordinate construction operations on assigned project(s) within the home office and field, and attend the Company’s Safety Committee meetings.
- Masters/Degree in Engineering or equivalent directly related experience.
- Extensive experience in FEED, design and construction of chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, refinery facilities
- Experience of writing construction related documentation including Execution Plans, Constructability Reports, and Logistics Studies etc.
- Acted as a focal point for constructability including chairing constructability reviews.
- Having high regard for Environmental Health and Safety culture and practice
- Ability to manage multi discipline design and construction teams
- Ability to communicate in an articulate manner with clients, consultants, and subcontractors
- Willingness to travel, if required
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Possess good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a desire to win
- Ability to promote an open and informal communication environment that aims at growing mutual trust and teamwork
- Direct, guide and coordinate assigned construction personnel in the execution of their duties to ensure effective execution and team work of construction personnel within all the construction operations
- Ensure that the construction operations are carried out in accordance with Company’s Safety policy
- Review performance against agreed objectives and take whatever action necessary to correct/improve the performance
- Agree the construction strategy for assigned proposals and contracts in conjunction with Project Manager and the Manager of Project Management, as appropriate and implement as necessary
- Cooperate with Personnel Department for the management of effective policies and procedures for construction personnel
- In conjunction with other Discipline Heads, establish training and development programs for all construction personnel. Act as Training Coordinator/Mentor for fresh graduates/trainees; arrange their placement with other department to ensure their training is in accordance with identified training needs
- Maintain and promote all necessary contact with Professional bodies and associations
- Project the Company’s image to clients, public and other third parties by ensuring effective liaison and harmonious relationship
- Manage assigned construction personnel performance evaluation
- Deputise for the Manager of Construction & Subcontracts (for construction related issues) in his absence
Willing to travel as required for site visits/surveys and client meetings
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE