AMEC is a FTSE 100 company, whose shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and listed in the Oil Equipment and Services sector. With annual revenues of some £3.3 billion, the company is a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world’s oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. We have major operations in the UK and Americas, and work internationally for customers from the Arctic to Australia, employing over 27,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide.
Job title: Instrumentation Designer – AVEVA – Short Term Contract
THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS OR THOSE IN POSSESSION OF VALID WORK PERMITS. ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. THIS IS A 3 MONTH CONTRACT.
- Detailed design and production of instrumentation drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of electrical / instrumentation drawings and schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Adherence to AMEC Standards and Procedures.
- Interdiscipline drawing co-ordination for allocated work area.
- Acting as checker for other designers.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as material take-offs, input to cable schedules, input to instrument lists.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years instrumentation drafting experience of which at least 1 year is in the mining and mineral processing area.
- Fully conversant with AVEVA Instrumentation (AI12) and Aveva PDMS
- Familiar with CAD packages (eg Autocad)
- Good understanding of electrical / instrumentation technology.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Checking skills with ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative.
Quick and accurate with methodical approach to allocated work areas.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY VIA LINKEDIN