Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. Based in Calgary, Alberta, it is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE and HSE.PR.A. Husky and its more than 5,000 employees operate in Western and Atlantic Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific Region, with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
Job title: Husky Energy, Staff Design/Drafting Technician Vacancy – Canada
Job ID: 00010177-20141019
Husky’s Lloydminster Upgrader is currently looking for an Electrical/Instrumentation Design Drafting Technologist.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Electrical/Instrumentation design drafting of a wide variety of assignments consisting of minor to complex changes.
- Preparing complete electrical/instrumentation packages for design, review and construction.
- Drawing review and checking.
- Fieldwork consisting of field checks, identifying electrical/ instrumentation terminations and as-builts.
- Requisitioning and reservations of material using Husky’s SAP system.
- Initiating, attaching and document control of documents and drawings using the Upgrader’s Technical Document Control System.
- Planning and scheduling of workload.
- Technical reviews of consultants/vendors engineering submissions.
- Maintenance of current drafting/design specifications and procedures.
- Maintenance of current electrical equipment list and EHT registers.
- Document and field verification for site ground disturbance activities.
- Calculations for sizing power/control cables and heat tracing cable sets.
- Various types of equipment design and sizing calculations.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Two (2) year technology graduate in a related discipline. Other combinations of education/experience may be considered
- Eligible for C.E.T / A.Sc.T certification
- 10 – 15 years of applicable experience
- Working expertise in electrical/instrumentation codes, design standards, fabrication and construction techniques
- At least 5 years of practical Industrial related experience would be an asset
- Advanced level of AutoCAD and familiar with Microsoft Office and SAP
- Working knowledge of computer systems, plotting, RasterCAD, Cadpipe, MicroStation and Bentley AutoPlant would be an asset
- A valid, clean Class 5 driver’s license is required
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessments.
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
This position is based in Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to live in Lloydminster.