TOTAL is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world. TOTAL E&P Branch employs 15,000 employees in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Job title: RESEARCH GEOPHYSICIST
Job ID: 10002532
Location: United Kingdom – Aberdeen
|A vacancy exists for a Research Geophysicist within TOTAL E&P UK PLC – Geoscience Research Centre based in Aberdeen.
At this Centre we undertake research in geology, geophysics and reservoir engineering, focussing in particular on methods for integrated reservoir characterisation. The research is co-ordinated with Total main technical centre in Pau, France. In addition to personal contribution to research programs, the work includes follow-up and collaboration with research at universities, institutes and other companies in the UK. Supervising internships is also part of your responsibility.
Being part of a multidisciplinary team of geoscientists, this role offers an excellent opportunity to plan and develop new ideas into workable solutions and to present results both internally and at external conferences.
TOTAL can offer the successful applicant an unrivalled R&D environment to further develop his (her) technical and professional skills, underpinned by a genuine commitment to training and personal development. He (she) will be working in a multi-cultural team with leading professionals in their fields.
Career pathway includes potential international assignments either in research/ technical or operational domains and an excellent opportunity to embrace the French culture and language.
- PhD in Geophysics with strong technical knowledge in seismic applications and some relevant research/ industrial experience in O&G.
- Expertise in one or more fields such as seismic processing, quantitative seismic reservoir characterization or time-lapse seismic would be advantageous.
- Experience in numerical analysis, geomechanics or geostatistics is welcome.
- Innovative thinking with the ability to identify opportunities and see the business potential
- Computer literate, programming skills are welcome.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Capability to build and use a network of contacts
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE