Hess is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have a world-class portfolio of assets with industry-leading margins and visible growth in areas where we have proven technical capabilities: Asia Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, onshore U.S. and the West Africa conjugate margin. We are a leader in the production of shale oil and gas. We are also known for our expertise in the development and production of projects in deep water offshore.
Job title: Advisor, Geologist
Location: Beijing, China
The successful candidate will take on a broad range of geological responsibilities as a member of the multi-disciplined subsurface team providing support to developments and new business opportunities in China.
The position holder is responsible for coaching and mentoring junior staff to ensure high quality delivery of geological work across these assets. The role is part of an ongoing plan to develop national staff with long term succession plans in mind.
- Carry out and update interpretations from evaluation of well log data, whole cores and other new well data. Liaise with partners and external service providers in acquisition, analysis and evaluation relevant new geological data.
- Develop a thorough geological understanding and support accurate description of the potential opportunities and the relevant reservoir properties and characteristics.
- Construct appropriate geological models and maps, and play a key role in the evaluation of new business opportunities
- Provide key input into the project volumetric and reserve estimates and ensuring these are appropriately maintained.
- Select, optimise, plan and assist in the drilling of new wells.
- Represent Hess interests with external stakeholders including stakeholder review committees, Partners, Regulators and other parties.
- Mentoring junior level geologist
(E=Essential, I=Important, P=Preferred)
- In depth geological experience in a diversity of geological environments.
- Familiarity with state of the art interpretation techniques and play based exploration methods.
- Analytical problem solver with ability to deliver innovation, imaginative solutions and technical excellence and be able to actively mentor junior staff.
- Ability to proactively take initiative and deliver continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate across multi functional team and other groups and influence others.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills, with effective oral and written communication to both internal and external audiences.
- Results oriented approach to project work. Ability to work in a strongly integrated environment.
- Knowledge of unconventional resources would be an advantage
- Experience of new ventures exploration is a plus
- A working knowledge of seismic interpretation
- Minimum 15-20 years geological experience.
Masters Degree(s) in geology
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW