Devon Energy Corporation is a leading independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company. Devon’s operations are focused onshore in the United States and Canada. The company’s portfolio of oil and gas properties provides stable, environmentally responsible production and a platform for future growth. Devon has more than doubled its onshore North American oil production since 2008 and has a deep inventory of development opportunities to deliver future oil growth.
Job title: Sr. Foreman Production
The E&P Ops Production Field Supervisor 3 oversees day to day operations of Production personnel. Conducts budget review and monitoring, production review and monitoring, troubleshooting of wells, and analysis of mechanical failures. Accountable for project execution, timing, safety. Has financial authority over invoices and expense accounts. Provides performance and salary reviews, as well as disciplinary action.
- Supervise on site field operations of the Company’s operated properties including daily production and operation and maintenance of production facilities
- Understand and apply all Company policies and ensures others comply with these policies
- Identify opportunities for improvements in production, cost efficiencies and/or problem areas (i.e. parted rods, electrical problems, chemical use, plunger lift optimization, etc.) and act on it within the designated Assistant Foreman limitations of authority
- Utilize the Company’s Lease Profit and Loss statements and other sources of data as part of the identification of opportunities; provide recommendations to the Foreman, Superintendent, and Operations Engineer, particularly in the areas requiring engineering support and/or analysis
- Supervise and training of lease operators
- Review and approve all invoices
- Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance
- Secure and maintain all Company issued equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis equipment
- Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
- Provide field wide contact with all personnel in the event of emergency or other significant occurrences
- Recommends enhancement of production operations.
- Demonstrate and apply skills or technical knowledge of artificial lifts, compressors, cathodic protection, field separation, metering, well treatment, down hole, liquid storage and measurement, and computer applications such as Wellview and AVR
- Demonstrate and promote safe and ethical behavior at all times
Oil and Gas Industry Experience Preferred
Practice safe work habits at all times
Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
Basic computer skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Able to work within a team environment
Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical problems
Strong leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
Able to understand and ensure compliance in regulatory requirements
Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must maintain a clean driving record and adhere to Company policies.
Live in or be willing to relocate to the local operating area as required by the Company
Able to travel and work extended hours
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of related industry experience
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this position, Click Here To Apply Now