BP Azerbaijan is a major stakeholder and operator for Oil and Gas Development in the Caspian Region. This is one of the largest current energy developments in the world with over $20bn invested, and which will deliver Oil and gas to European and world markets.
Job title: Drilling Engineering Manager
Job ID: 59889BR
Location: Baku -Azerbaijan
Application Closing Date: 11-Dec-2014
Role synopsis :
The Drilling Engineering Manager is a leadership role in the AGT Wells Organization The role will be accountable for supporting the delivery of Wells activities and the achievement of project objectives (i.e. cost and schedule).
Reporting to the Wells Aria Vice President, the post holder will provide assurance on the delivery of high quality well planning activities, programs and execution in compliance with relevant HSE(Health, Safety, and Environment), statutory, OMS (Operating Management System), AGT and BP requirements for Well Operations.
The post holder will also lead specific engineering related investigations and optimization initiatives, plus deputize for the Drilling Engineering Manager as required.
Serve as the drilling discipline leader for Wells activities in the Region
• Tactical implementation of BtBcp (Beyond the Best Common Process) levers:
o Common process
• All Well Engineering activities through appraise, select, define CVP (Cooperative Venture Program)
• Standardisation of engineering deliverables across SPU (Strategic Performance Unit)
• Engineering integrity
• Interface to Major Project’s
• Drilling Engineering Technical Authority
Engineering & Operations delivery
• Responsible for all drilling engineering activities in the appraise, select and define stages of the BtB process across SPU
• Provide technical assurances on well plans and programmes including dispensation review for engineering issues
• Overall SPU Drilling Program (Field Stages) overview and integration, strategy and options, project interfaces.
• Ensure all applicable actions from Safety Alerts / Lessons Learnt are captured in Drilling Programs
• To ensure compliance with the local WIMS (Wells Integrity Management System) & DWOP(Drill Well on Paper) – Interface with Base management.
Standards & Processes
• Input to HPHT (High Pressure and High Temperature)forums as appropriate
• Owner of SPU Drilling technology plan.
• Maintenance of engineering manpower resource levels and competency through drilling engineering staff management and recruiting.
• Training, development and mentoring of people with focus on capability development and nationalisation.
Supplier Relationships / Contracting
• Provide resources for technical input into PSCM processes eg. scopes of work for tenders, tender evaluation etc
• Provides the lead and direction of technical and strategic support inputs to PSCM for contracting and performance management issues
• Act as focal point and liaison for Drilling related contracts
• Provision of guidance and support on strategy, tender exercises, evaluation and contract performance
• A bachelors (or equivalent) degree in engineering
Essential experience and job requirements
• Strong demonstrable experience in detailed well planning in various environments.
• Well Control Certification (IADC, IWCF, etc.).
• Experience in managing third party contractors.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• A masters (or equivalent) degree in engineering
• Demonstrable capabilities of leading, developing, training and coaching experienced drilling personnel.
• Demonstrable leadership of safety programs for drilling operations and participate fully in developing HSE culture.
• Proven track record as strong team leader.
• Flexible approach to work and clear time management skills.
• Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas, networking and global technical knowledge sharing.
• Offshore operational drilling experience on platform rigs, semisubmersible rigs, HPHT wells and ERD (Extended Reach Drilling) wells.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft and Landmark applications.
Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Yes – up to 10%
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW