EOG Resources is a Fortune 500 company with its headquarters in the Heritage Plaza building in downtown Houston, Texas. The company is one of the largest independent oil and natural gas companies in the United States with proven reserves in the United States, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, and China. EOG Resources, Inc. is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is traded under the ticker symbol “EOG”.
Job title: Drilling Engineer – EOG
Location: San Antonio
Reporting to the Drilling Manager and working as part of a team of highly skilled professionals, the Drilling Engineer will design, develop and execute some of today’s most technically advanced drilling programs for our capital spending programs in San Antonio.
EOG is a company that grows through the drill bit, so you will be an integral part of our success. Virtually all of our wells are drilled horizontal and completed with multi-stage fracs. Some wells will be drilled on the leading edge of technology, targeting frontier plays with many challenges.
- Provide drilling engineering functions ensuring application of performance driven, technical limits methodology in well concept planning and execution.
- Assess and mitigate operational, financial, and Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) risks involved in company’s drilling operations.
- Develop and coordinate scopes of work; evaluate and recommend contractors to provide best-fit services and materials for drilling operations.
- Maintain ownership of program through rig site technical support during critical/unusual operations.
- Coordinate drilling operations with other disciplines, including contractors and regulatory agencies, during the planning and execution of drilling operations.
- Analysis of drilling results and continuous improvement to achieve cost breakthroughs.
- Prepare cost estimates and risk profiles in terms of probability and potential returns.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Petroleum Engineering. 5+ years experience in the oil and gas industry as a Drilling Engineer is required. Expertise in horizontal and geopressured areas is a must. Must be current on all new drilling technologies.
- Must be able to make sound engineering decisions with minimal management overview. Strong computer skills required; a working knowledge of Compass and TDAS a plus.
- Must have good communication skills, work well in a team environment, be a self starter and flexible to change in both functions and responsibilities.
- Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY VIA LINKEDIN