Hess is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have a world-class portfolio of assets with industry-leading margins and visible growth in areas where we have proven technical capabilities: Asia Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, onshore U.S. and the West Africa conjugate margin. We are a leader in the production of shale oil and gas, and one of the largest operators in the Bakken formation, North Dakota. We are also known for our expertise in the development and production of projects in deep water offshore.
Job title: Production Supervisor
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
The Production Supervisor will report to the Offshore Installation Manager and provide a range of operational, regulatory, and technical related support. The position will play a key role in interfacing with the OIM and various Onshore departments including, HSE, Logistics, Drilling, Procurement-Contracts, and Warehousing to provide operational team support to the offshore installation. This position is responsible for developing and implementing operational procedures, monitoring production, and ensuring safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance. The individual will be required to fulfill the duties of the Production Supervisor as required.
This position will be located Offshore, Gulf of Mexico on a rotational basis at the onset of commissioning forward (14/14). During the development stage (2+ years) this job will require a majority of time requirements in either Houston, Texas or travel to various fabrication sites on a conventional weekly schedule.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and mature operations and maintenance philosophy.
- Obtain US Coast Guard OIM license prior to installation of facility on offshore lease.
- Collaborate with Topsides team in developing system performance specifications.
- Participate in FEED, P&ID, Hazid and Hazop reviews.
- Assist in the development of subsea and topsides operating procedures.
- Participate in FAT and SIT for critical equipment packages.
- Collaborate with topsides team in defining handover process and acceptance criteria.
- Perform as key member of the Stampede commissioning and startup team.
- Recruit, train and develop operations staff.
- Participate in development and documentation of Integrity Management baseline
- Support the Offshore Installation Manager in the daily offshore operations to ensure the facilities are operated and maintained in compliance with Company processes, EHS Standards, and API Standards.
- Be an integral part of the Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- Interface with Offshore and Onshore Team to ensure maintenance and operational requirements are met and supported, including both subsea and topside systems.
- Prepare and maintain relevant procedures, reports, records, and documents required for day to day operations and special projects.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Opex budget as well as monthly tracking of actuals vs budget.
- Monitor safety and operational KPI’s to ensure compliance to operations and safety standards, and take action as appropriate to ensure objectives are met and field performance optimized.
- Manage a range of assigned support service contracts as well as manage contractors while onboard.
- Ensure necessary competency and training of all operations personnel.
- Provide direct supervision, mentoring and development of all Hess operations and contractor personnel.
- 10+ year’s offshore facility production and maintenance experience.
- Experience with operating and maintenance of rotating equipment, including turbines, generators, and centrifugal pumps.
- Deepwater and subsea experience desirable.
- 5 + years in a supervisory position desirable.
- Experience working on floating facility desirable
- Commercial experience and awareness.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills; work with minimal supervision; must be a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP or other computerized maintenance management systems.
Education, Training & Certifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Related Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW