Freeport-McMoRan Oil & Gas (FM O&G) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX), a premier U.S. based natural resource company with an industry leading global portfolio of mineral assets, significant oil and gas resources and a growing production profile. FM O&G consists of oil & natural gas assets in North America, including reserves in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (GOM), Onshore and Offshore California and Haynesville Shale plays, and an industry leading position in the emerging shallow water Ultra-Deep gas trend in the shelf of the GOM and Onshore in South Louisiana.
Job title: Reservoir Engineering Technician
Job ID: 1404068
Location: United States-California-Bakersfield
Provide reservoir and production engineering technician level support to staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the maintenance of Peep and OFM databases: setup new wells and recompletions, update database tables as required, ensure accuracy of data entries, add offset operator wells and data.
- Assist Reservoir Engineers with OFM: troubleshooting production problems, develop production surveillance tools, normalization, graphing, extracting production and production related data.
- Provide program support to Reservoir staff for OFM, PEEP, Excel and other programs as needed.
- Build and maintain Excel spreadsheets for data analysis and graphing. Advanced spreadsheet applications a plus (filters, pivot tables, linking to external data…etc)
- Assist Reservoir Engineers in building Peep cases, well groups, schedulers, consolidations, and batch files; make special Peep runs for various evaluations.
- Assist in the maintenance of our Reserves Tracking Database and Abandonment Database (MS Access).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Prefer 2 years of college.
- Prefer 3 to 5 years’ experience as an engineering technician in the oil and gas industry. Willing to consider candidate with no experience that demonstrates education and aptitude.
- Possess good analytical ability to solve problems.
- Strong database skills, primarily with Access.
- Prefer knowledge of PEEP and OFM software or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and aptitude to learn new software
- Proficient in the use and understanding of oil and gas terminology.
- Ability to organize work and results, keep records and prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and meet deadlines. Must be willing to work necessary overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to recognize when assistance is needed and willingness to ask.
- Required to be able to work as part of the team to accomplish the goals/tasks of the Reservoir group.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple engineers.
- Ability to interact with other departments within the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to accept a work schedule with hourly demands which will vary as departmental workload fluctuations occurs.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW