W&T Offshore, Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas producer focused primarily in the Gulf of Mexico and Texas. Our growth has been through Exploration & Development and Acquisitions. We currently hold working interests in approximately 62 producing offshore fields in federal and state waters. As our growth continues, diversification is key to our portfolio. W&T currently has under lease approximately 1.2 million gross acres, including approximately 0.6 million gross acres on the Gulf of Mexico Shelf, approximately 0.6 million gross acres in the deepwater and approximately 50,000 gross acres onshore in Texas. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and trade on the NYSE under the symbol ”WTI”.
Job title: Drilling Engineer – Onshore
Location: Houston, Texas Area – USA
Responsible for delivering detailed engineering design, planning and execution for drilling onshore wells, primarily in our Permian Basin asset area. Responsible for all phases of drilling operations while ensuring adequate risk assessment at all times. Career Benefit:
This is a great opportunity for a Drilling Engineer who wants to have immediate impact and help drive our onshore drilling performance to the next level. This is a high-profile, dynamic position giving you the opportunity to use your expertise in horizontal resource play development drilling in order to provide direct positive benefit to the company . Key Accountabilities:
Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Provide design for all drilling operations of active wells and evaluate offset wells to determine casing programs.
- Prepare drilling equipment and planning to ensure that appropriate rig equipment is selected and develop well plan prior to drilling.
- Supervise active drilling programs and monitor costs and timing and address any problems, with process or vendors that arise throughout drilling process.
- Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Total well planning and design, cost estimation and risk analysis, operation support to field team, HSRE requirements and TRRC requirements and teamwork across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met with the timely submittal of all applications to appropriate government authorities.
- Support all phases of the drilling operations to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Perform post-analyses of drilling process for benchmarking and learning to develop process for future well drills.
- Travel to the field locations to monitor and participate in drilling operations.
- Perform third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control with involved vendors throughout the drilling process.
- Lead engineering studies to improve drilling operational performance.
- Duties and responsibilities as directed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline is required.
- 5+ years of experience planning and drilling oil and gas wells, in an E&P company environment.
- Recent experience with planning and execution of horizontal developments in onshore resource plays is a must.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
- Knowledge of drilling operations, drilling mechanics, directional drilling, drilling fluids, cementing, well control, formation evaluation, required.
- Strong commitment to Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of all regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Primary Office environment with frequent field travel.
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, respirators, appropriate footwear, etc.) when visiting field sites.
- May require local and national travel.
Must have the legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Only Applicants who meet the above requirements will be considered for employment.
NO International submissions will be considered.
No Agency or third party calls or emails will be returned. EOE- M/F/D/V
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW