Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for Certified Pipe Welders on a Regular Full time basis located in Kenedy, Texas. The successful candidate will provide support on day to day project needs .
· Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
· Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
· Layout, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
· Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
· Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
· Weld separately or in combination, using Carbon steel.
· Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
· Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
· Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
· Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.