Rio Tinto is a leading international business involved in each stage of metal and mineral production. The Group combines Rio Tinto plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, and Rio Tinto Limited, which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. We aim to operate as a seamless organisation that maximises the benefits of standard and shared approaches for every activity.
Job title: Drilling Coordinator
Job ID: RITM0026117
- Become a leader of best practise in the industry
- Diverse role
- FIFO roster to Hope Downs 4
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth’s mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are looking for a Drilling Coordinator to support Water Resource Evaluation and Resource Evaluation to successfully complete drilling projects with a focus on safety, production and quality.
Located 30km north of Newman, Hope Downs 4 is Rio Tinto`s latest iron ore mine site. Having commenced operations in 2013, it offers new accommodation facilities along with a family friendly roster.
What the role entails:
This role is a great opportunity for a drilling expert to directly support field operations by providing technical support for the methods of drilling utilised in Resource Development. Working a fly in fly out roster and reporting to the Senior Coordinator Drilling, you will be:
- Providing guidance and support to WRE and RE field projects to safely deliver quality results efficiently according to scope and budget
- Delivering technical input for incident investigation, risk assessments and compliance for both contracting partners and project teams through audits and inspection
- Providing Contractor Management System support coverage in the field, promoting consistency managing contractor partners between projects
- Being actively involved in continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety, quality and production. Utilising industry experience and forums to introduce improved methods to apply to drilling
- Understanding and driving business and divisional systems and processes across all project teams to ensure a consistent one drilling standard is applied
- Managing, communicating and improving project and Department safety systems
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- HR WA Driver’s Licence
- Ability to influence and improve safety culture
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with the technical aspects of drilling – Diamond, RC, Water Well
- Extensive experience in the drilling or mining industry
- Previous leadership experience