Shell Oil Products US, a subsidiary of Shell Oil Company, is a leader in the refining, transportation and marketing of fuels, and has a network of approximately 6,100 branded gasoline stations in the Western United States. Shell Oil Company is an affiliate of the Shell Group [(NYSE:RDS.A) and (NYSE:RDS.B).
Job title: Welders
Job ID: 9305BR
Location: Martinez, CA – USA
Welders possess skills that will be used for the fabrication and installation of piping, and removing and installing of process equipment. The job includes proficiency in performing electric stick welding (SMAW) and TIG welding (GTAW) on carbon and alloy steel pipe and plate. Must also be proficient in measuring, isometric drawings & installation of threaded and flanged piping & tubing. Specific job duties include:
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing.
- Willing to support the company’s drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW