Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy.
Job title: Data Centre Engineer
Reports To: Data Centre Manager
- Rack Centre Limited is a new start-up Data Centre company in Nigeria.
- The company offers an integrated solution centre to provide Co-location data hosting services to telecommunication companies, banks, internet service providers and other companies within Nigeria.
- The overall performance of our company’s network is monitored and networks are coordinated.
- The Data Centre is located in Lagos, Nigeria and has been designed for over 6,000 sqm (65,000sqft) of energy efficient and secure white space.
- The technology invested in provides clients guaranteed levels of uptime, power and service availability as standard.
- The data centre is engineered and built by a world leading manufacturer of data centres having the highest specifications according to international best practices.
- Data Centre Operations, Maintenance and facilities management.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with data centre managers, data centre lead and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Operate and manage both routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchboards, ATS, STS, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, condensing units, building monitoring systems, etc.
- Assist in the design and build out of new facilities.
- Possess strong awareness of current and emerging data centre industry standards including TIA/EIA, BICSI, Uptime Institute, Green grid and NFPA as well as related vendors and technologies.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with superior ability to respond proactively to data centre emergencies
- Assist in projects to increase current Rack Centre facility’s efficiency.
- Responsible for asset and inventory management.
- Ensure a stable operating environment (power, air-conditioning and physical security in the Data Centre
- Provide data centre access control management in line with defined change management procedures and data centre access control policy.
- Ensure all operations and implementation activities in the Data Centre are executed professionally and in compliance with approved changes.
- Extensive experience in a large commercial enterprise in the networks area.
- Sound Working knowledge of Infrastructure, including x86 hardware, storage area networking and servers.
- Experience of working in a multi-data centre environments and associated network requirements.
- Strong ‘hands on’ experience of performance analysis and resolution.
- Experience and understanding of data centre infrastructure and migration practices.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Deliver quality service and ensure all customer demands are fulfilled.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to assure a smooth in-take of DC co-location projects while assuring priorities across the various parties are in sync.
- Configuration Analyst
- Facilities Management team
- Technology Architecture
- NOC team
- Key Equipment Suppliers
- Maintenance contractors
- IT Infrastructure Companies
- RC Channel Partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant experience in data centre environment
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of Data Centre Engineering Experience
- 3+ years of Data Centre Management Experience
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling management
- Strong commitment to high standards and quality service.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
- Good communication skills – oral, written, IT and presentation.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW