Seadrill is the world’s leading offshore drilling contractor. Our aim is to unlock oil and gas for the benefit of our customers and their customers in the safest, most cost-effective manner. The company operates a versatile fleet of 59 units that comprises drillships, jack-up rigs, semi-submersible rigs and tender rigs. The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Job title: Functional IT Manager
Seadrill has some 7,500 skilled employees, representing some 75 nationalities, operating in 15 countries on five continents. Our Liverpool office provides global support to Accounts, HR and IT.
The role includes managing the relationship between Seadrill’s IS department and the business function, while proactively identifying opportunities for business productivity through understanding People, Process and application of technology. The role also includes capturing priorities and requirements of the business function and developing appropriate responses in line with IS policies and standards, and developing business case(s) for business functions and approach to realisation of benefits.
Principal accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Manages the end-to-end relationship and demand between Seadrill’s IS department and the Business function
• Responsible for inputting to and executing the client service’s processes and design to handle all categories of change according to standard Seadrill methods.
• Responsible for ensuring the Client Service’s communications, training and organisational readiness processes and materials are delivered according to Seadrill standards.
• Responsible for ensuring that deliverables relating to the business function reflect the quality standards defined as part of the Client Services methodology, tools and templates.
• Accountable for:
• Capturing requirements for project business solution designs
• Work with Architects, Solution Managers and Project Managers
• Identifying areas for improvement
• Oversight of user acceptance testing
• Provide super user training of the systems implemented
• Provide Subject Matter expertise
• Development of the business case for change together with the business function.
• Oversee all project delivery on behalf of the business function.
• Provide input and participate in the governance of all agreed projects in the portfolio on behalf of the business function working closely with IS Programme Management.
• Responsible for supporting the development and execution of the Demand Management Processes towards the business function.
• Ensures that expected IS and business benefits are realised
• Ensures that activities are performed in accordance with internal and external requirements and following the IS Standards and Architectures.
• Accountable for the identification of IT related risks relating to the business function and their mitigation.
• Accountable for IT cost transparency, explaining the cost of operational and project related IS services to the business function.
• Representative of the business function within the IS function (eg: Strategic planning, portfolio process)
Develop Capability & Performance:
• Responsible for submission of status reports pertaining to Client Services and business function demand / feedback
• Responsible for ensuring support for business functions’ projects within the IS Portfolio and under the framework threshold. ($100K)
• 25 Days Holiday
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW