Duties will include managing, monitoring & following up the daily drilling operation and anticipating drilling problems.
· Carry out technical evaluations for procurement of equipments & services necessary for operations.
· Providing consultation on equipment behavior and offering solutions.
· Mentoring entry level engineers.
· Demonstrate personal commitment to HSE policy.
· Supporting other Asset projects where Well data, technical calculations, time and cost estimates are required.
· Work as onsite drilling engineer or night drilling supervisor, whenever required.
· Writing/review of time estimates, drilling Programmes and montages.
· Production/review of Non Conformance Reports/Lessons Learned/end of well reports.
· Review of new technology and the communication of information relevant to operations
· Preparation of HSE notifications and input into other Governmental requirements
· Preparation of load out lists & tracking tangibles & equipment.
· Preparation/review of casing designs/drill string designs/hydraulics designs, torque and drag models, casing wear models.
· Ensure that the well construction design is technically fit for purpose and cost effective.
· Oversee cost tracking and cost forecasting.
Organising and leading Peer Reviews for well designs.
· Graduate in engineering discipline, preferably petroleum engineering
10+ yrs experience in drilling engineering.