With engineering, technologies, project management and construction, we safely deliver the best solutions for our clients to meet the world energy challenge. Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction. From the deepest offshore developments to the largest and most complex onshore infrastructures, our 40,000 people are constantly expanding the limits of the possible.
Job title: Senior UK and International Tax Accountant
Job ID: 16104
Location: Aberdeen – UK
How will you take it further as a Senior UK and International Tax Accountant
As a major employer in the dynamic and expanding subsea sector, we offer exciting opportunities for talented individuals to play a part in delivering subsea excellence to our clients.
A career with Technip gives successful candidates the chance to prosper in a high performance environment where world-class engineering and commercial professionals work on increasingly challenging subsea projects.
Our subsea operations centre in Westhill, Aberdeen, has a workforce of over 1,200 talented individuals who collectively ensure that Technip retains its long standing status as the leading subsea engineering and construction contractor in the UK.
Responsible for supporting and assisting the Tax Manager to meet the UK and overseas tax reporting and compliance obligations as well as assist with ad-hoc tax issues and providing tax support to the business.
Reporting lines and interactions:
- Operationally reports to: Tax Manager NSC
- Directly supervises (operationally): Tax Administrator
- Tax and/or Accounting professional with at least 5 years tax experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Able to use initiative
- Customer focused
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Have a commitment towards quality and continuous improvement
Nice to have:
- Strong accounting background
- Overseas tax reporting
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- carry out UK tax compliance and reporting – corporation tax, VAT, etc
- carry out/oversee monthly and annual tax compliance and reporting obligations for a variety of overseas locations e.g. West Africa
- prepare tax accounting as part of group financial reporting
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- assist with ad-hoc tax issues as they arise
- provide tax support to the business
Required for position:
- Team Player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Willing to embrace new ideas and change
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW