Main function of job :
The purpose of the position is to assist in establishing the process requirements for the safe and effective manufacturing solutions as part of a process team. Provide clear and concise instructions/procedures to allow successful manufacture and optimum process control. Participate in performing trials on potential changes of materials to ensure safe and effective process control. Participate in engineering solutions to the effective termination and testing of the product.
In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
Main duties (in order of priority)
- Generating manufacturing specifications to ensure that Applications has all the information to carry out the manufacturing activities as per Production schedule.
- Carry out daily morning checks on machinery and processes to ensure that manufacturing equipment is in good order, and report any discrepancies
- Participate in and contribute to department meetings by completing all relevant actions identified as priorities and resources allow.
- Anticipate the need for tooling & equipment ensuring that Applications needs are met in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that tooling and equipment are available as per Production schedule
- Participate in establishing process design rules and tools, to ensure standardisation of work practices within the department.
- Participate in the development and introduction of the automation of department operations wherever possible by developing programs, calculations and databases in order to maximise efficiency and embrace lean processes.
The individual performance and assessment criteria shall be established during the annual appraisal assessment between the employing Manager and jobholder.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
Health & Safety responsibilities
All personnel are responsible to ensure their compliance with H&S Management Systems in accordance with the principles, objectives and targets of the company’s policy and in compliance with statutory provisions, taking account the complexity and business risks involved in operations.
Tools & Equipment used
- IT equipment, general office equipment, measuring equipment including vernier caliper and micrometer.
- Microsoft Office, Mathcad, Autocad/Inventor
Working conditions/degree of effort required
- General office and factory environment
Qualifications /Experience required
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visual Basic or Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
Other relevant information
- It may be necessary at times to work unsociable hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Due to the nature of the role travelling to other TUS sites is a requirement of the role