Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. Based in Calgary, Alberta, it is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE and HSE.PR.A. Husky and its more than 5,000 employees operate in Western and Atlantic Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific Region, with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
Job title: Lead Product Handler
Job ID: 00026449-20141208
Husky’s Ethanol Plant in Lloydminster is seeking a Lead Product Handler to be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment within the Grain, DDGS and Ethanol loading/unloading facilities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform all duties required in the receiving, grading, and binning of feed grain according to accepted standards and procedures while maximizing throughput.
- Offload feedstock railcars and transload ethanol cars as required.
- Safely operate large equipment such as; diesel locomotive, wheel loader, and front end loader tractor.
- Inspect and clean rail yard switches as required.
- Perform minor equipment and facility maintenance including P.M. record keeping.
- Issue receipts for grain deliveries and bill of ladings for DDGS shipments, troubleshoot and correct receipts as required.
- Ensure that all grain receiving test equipment is maintained, operating correctly, inspected, and records maintained. This includes all scales, moisture analyzers, and dockage testers.
- Train new ethanol truck drivers on the safe loading of ethanol and maintain their profiles in the Kilowatt loadout system.
- Work closely with both Husky and LV Controls technical departments to resolve control system issues.
- Lead and ensure the continuous development of the Product Handling group.
- Participate in “HAZOP’s” and “What-If’s” as required.
- Works together with Process Operations to address production and quality control issues for both grain and DDGS.
- Work closely with ethanol Production Planner to ensure all truck and railcar receipts and shipments are met as per production plan.
- Work closely with the Upgrader Production Planner and Yard Staff to ensure the safe efficient movement of railcars to and from the main Upgrader rail yard.
- Works together with the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all preventative maintenance tasks are scheduled and completed.
- Communicates product quality and shipping issues to onsite Grain Purchasing and DDGS Marketing representatives.
- Comply with all Husky safety policies and assist with development of safe work procedures involving the Grain, DDGS, and Ethanol Loading facilities.
- Qualify and maintain qualifications to safely operate the facility diesel locomotive including rail yard safety training.
- Ensure team safety requirements are met and maintained, this includes safety meeting attendance and required safety training.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Successful completion of Canadian Grain Commission Grading course or equivalent would be an asset
- Minimum of two years experience grading grain
- Four years related experience and an agricultural background, or a combination of education and experience in a grain elevator
- Experience in WHMIS and the transportation of dangerous goods is preferred
- Knowledge of Measurement Canada requirements for grain receiving and loading
- Strong computer skills, including grain elevator control systems (LV Controls), and terminal management systems are desirable
- Competent operating large equipment such as diesel locomotive, wheel loaders, and tractors
- Mechanical aptitude in repairing and maintaining equipment would be an asset
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW