Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Job title: Fishing Tool Supervisor
Job ID: 13756625
Provide technical and operational offshore and onshore support, and provides an interface between the Weatherford onshore technical support staff and Client offshore representative. To assist customer in successful completion/execution of well intervention programs.
- Working closely with client’s offshore representation to ensure a successful operation can be carried out. Liaise with crews to ensure equipment is handled and assembled in a safe manner for the job.
- Participate fully in all offshore safety processes. These include, but are not limited to, safety meetings, abandonment drills, time out for safety, tool box talks, STOP and similar initiatives.
- To accurately produce BHA drawings and other necessary documentation to support the offshore operation & its link with onshore (e.g. utilization sheets service tickets & job reports).
- Upon arrival to the offshore installation, or as soon as practical after induction and introduction to the client representative, thoroughly check delivered equipment to ensure that it matches the operations to be performed (based upon the client program) & the manifest.
- Responsible for supervision of Weatherford equipment handling and make up.
- Responsible for safe deployment of equipment & supervision during equipment deployment. Advise offshore drill crews and client representative of equipment working parameters and monitor same.
- Responsible for accurate and regular contact with the onshore operations supervisors during ongoing operations to ensure that operations are being conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Compile accurate end of job report to assist Supervisors and support performance monitoring and lessons learned. Delivery of the completed reports to operations supervisor for discussion and close out.
- Compile accurate equipment utilization reports and deliver to operations supervisor.
- Maintain all own necessary survival, medical and competence & safety certification to meet customer and legislative requirements.
- Requirement for 24 hour on call to be available for work as required.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Downhole / fishing milling and completion tools and their application.
- Computer literacy with standard packages and Visio type graphic packages.
- Good working knowledge of engineering principles.
- Work Experience required:
- Offshore Operations Experience preferably to at least Driller level or Extensive experience of workshop / maintenance environment.
- Minimum of 5 years offshore work experience particularly in Fishing Milling and whipstock operations.
- Experience with Downhole tools and hydraulics
- Computer graphics knowledge
- Completed Senior High School Qualification is essential
- Completed Engineering Qualification will be preferred
- Level 1 Competency Completed
- Intervention and Re-entry Competency completed
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW