Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Job title: FRE Operations Supervisor
Job ID: 13759011
Responsible for the day to day management of the FRE product line.
Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings.
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
Adhere to quality procedure and policies in accordance with the ISO9002 (where applicable) quality assurance system. Including:
- Compliance to work instructions.
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audit.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the policies and procedures of the QHSE Management System, and advise on potential
- focus areas to improve the system.
Organize equipment, shop personnel and Fishing Supervisors to meet ongoing and upcoming Fishing and Re-entryrequirements.
- Available on a 24-hour call basis while on rotation to respond to customer needs.
- Works closely with Operations Manager and customers to determine equipment requirements for upcoming jobs.
- Supervision, coaching/ mentoring of all FRE staff in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Build and maintain (Asset History Folders) client specific fishing equipment binders.
- Liaise with drilling and completions teams to review the drilling plans and recommend fishing and re-entry designs for steady state and critical drilling and completions operations.
- Participate in well meetings regarding hazard and risk identification As required, perform and / or arrange for rig visits to perform audits of Rig Contractor FRE tool compliance and procedures
- Provide the customers with a single point of contact for Weatherford technology and service requirements and queries as it pertains to FRE in Angola.
- Maintain high levels of service quality by implementation of Weatherford SSA and Global Operation systems and procedures.
- Monitor the department expenses and are within the budgetary allowance.
- Organize personnel days off and vacation schedules to ensure proper personnel coverage.
- Work with the Operations Manager to organize global support personnel as required for specialty jobs.
- Ensure that all field personnel maintain current industry training certificates (BST, H2S, Driver, First Aid, etc.)
- Organize personnel training to ensure competency to Weatherford’s global standard (OEPS and Competency levels)
- Enforce Weatherford QHSE.
- Perform personnel performance evaluation (semi-annually) Personnel disciplinary responsibility.
- Supervise processing of field tickets to ensure a timely submission and accuracy.
- Ensure all FRE jobs are correctly uploaded and approved on WPTS.
- Maintaining an adequate and efficient level of inventory items appropriate to the level of activity
- Ensure that sufficient quantities of equipment and spares are available, identified, serviced and functional
- Assist with the assembly/servicing of all responsible products should the need arise
- Maintain a level of cleanliness and tidiness in the office, shop and yard to promote a positive corporate image and to provide an acceptable workplace for employees
- Minimize inventory and carrying cost by setting realistic and optimum inventory level to manage high demand and low utilisation items.
- Recommend measurers to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist employees in solving work problems.
- Verify clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
- Review internal paperwork on inter region inventory transfers are accurate.
- Implement inventory control processes to reduce ageing inventory and control order quantity of slowing moving items used to appear in ageing inventory list.
- Compile information and prepare reports of inventory balance, prices, and shortages.
Asset Management – Coordination
- Generate improved level of coordination throughout the Region for higher asset utilization.
- Institute standard business processes enabling consistent application of QHSE standards, leading to a reduced commercial exposure.
- Monitor CAPEX consumption and assist regional BUM’s on CAPEX management.
- Police adherence of Operations personnel for asset movement and transfer.
- Conduct review of asset in repair, ensuring out of service asset in region is repaired and reclassified within established time frame and put back in service.
- Manage the provision of accurate and timely information in accordance with established region processes.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policy and implement and apply effective
- control to ensure the custody and efficient use of company assets.
- Generate monthly FRE management reports.
Other duties as directed.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and experience required :
QHSE procedural knowledge.
Competent management skills.
Good employee interpersonal skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Basic knowledge of relevant computer software.
Ability to work on own initiative with good communication skills
Problem solving skills
Mechanical aptitude Qualifications :
High School Diploma
Only nationals from this location will be considered.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY VIA LINKEDIN