BP business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Job title: Financial Analyst
Job ID: 59577BR
Location: United States – Texas
To support the BP America function to design, establish, and monitor finance and control processes for preparation, financial analysis, management reporting and planning processes in ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial management information.
Continuously improve the existing management process and maintain effective and efficient internal control processes.
This role works closely with the BP America Controller/Finance Manager, BPA GFO coordinator, and BP America executive team. It will also collaborate and interact closely with our Outsourced Accounting Provider (Accenture) and other Group Finance teams. This role will be a member of the Financial Reporting Team located in Houston and report to the Financial Reporting Manager.
• Preparation, reporting and analysis of financial management information. Gather, validate, and translate operations data into performance reporting and any other financial information required by the BP America leadership team, long-term planning processes, including forecasting, performing variance analysis, and support to GFO coordination for timely reporting to Segment PPM team.
• Actively participate and manage monthly and quarterly financial close responsibilities for BP America.
• Prepare analysis on Headcount and provide reports to BP America leadership team on trends, vacancies, and new hires.
• Provide data and analytical support to Heads of BP America and Management Team for forecasting, planning/budgeting, quarterly performance reviews, ad-hoc reports and queries.
• Actively build relationships between Function, Finance, and the Outsourced Accounting Provider, and act as BP America liaison with the Tax, Treasury, and other functions.
• Coordinate performance management with the BP America teams. Conduct monthly performance meetings with management and their teams to help them understand and analyze their financial results, prepare their forecasts and help them deliver their plan.
• Maintain efficient and effective internal control processes. Work with BP America Controller/Finance Manager to establish, maintain, and monitor an effective and efficient system of internal controls. Provide support for Delegation of Authority administration, assistance with due diligence, letter of representation, internal controls over financial reporting, and policy compliance.
• Assist BP America personnel with finance processes and systems, policy interpretation, delayed payments and coding instruction, etc.
• BSI Account owner responsibilities, including RVV sign off and compliance assurance.
• Perform ad-hoc request and monitoring of executive team support functions and activities.
• Undergraduate Business degree with Accounting/Finance major.
Essential experience and job requirements
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships effectively.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Self-starter with ability to understand requirements and respond to customer needs.
• Able to multitask with a strong track record of delivery.
• Advanced degree.
• Experience with Terracotta and/or Business Explorer (BEx).
• Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for other than current employer.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant financial reporting, forecasting pro-forma financial statements or financial processes experience.
• Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
• Minimum 2 years using reporting processes and systems such as SAP and Business Warehouse (BW).
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Advanced MS Excel.
Yes – up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW