SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend.
The Future Business Unit is a new business organization in corporate T&I. The future business unit is responsible for setting and defining the long term innovation growth strategy for Sabic with new developments which give Sabic a global advantage to penetrate specialty markets with new products and materials. To achieve this goal the future business unit will develop processes and tools to evaluate opportunities and will perform in-depth assessment of markets and opportunities they present for the company. The newly formed future business unit is a key element of the 2025 strategy as key path to become more market facing.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager leads the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactical plans that will result in profitable and sustainable new business growth for SABIC within targeted nanotechnology markets and applications within the European region.
• Identify and prioritize specific market and applications. Identify and selectively engage with key customers, influencers and specifiers.
o Scope each application, technology, opportunity size and refine unmet needs, working closely with other regional market development managers within the team.
o Develop customer/stakeholder relationships throughout the Value Chain
o Assess value chain and the best places for SABIC to seek entry
o Assess opportunities to deliver nano- intermediate solutions and determine clear Unique Selling Proposals that can be used by T&I to develop appropriate solutions.
o Development of the appropriate segmentation customer space, identifying key “Must-have” customers and SABIC’s capability to deliver compelling value propositions.
o Develop NPI / NTI strategies to address emerging needs and assess SABIC’s ability to address these needs through traditional NPI, leveraging consortium memberships, broader SABIC resources, or through specific M&A strategies.
• Develop unique offering for nano-intermediate solutions that create significant perceived value: o Translate marketing strategy into programs for innovation and articulate the technical programs with T&I organizations in order for them to deliver required differentiation.
o Develop and articulate the internal business cases and external value propositions for new offering.
o Develop and update a comprehensive 5P strategies and implementation plan for new offering and technologies to ensure leadership of the segment. Work closely with the technology teams to deliver robust portfolio and with sales organizations to deliver market adoption. Adjust as needed.
o Ensure that profitability metrics are foremost in NPI and value-chain analysis
• Lead the validation and specification of key products/solutions for the North America target segments with a thorough understanding of local customer needs and competitive environment.
o Develop a thorough understanding of the end-customer specification process
o Work with the Global Sales and marketing Regions to develop translation packages for key applications.
o Develop a structured feedback process from the field to continuously improve our offering and develop targeted NPIs.
• Establish key relationships with leading technology institutes, equipment vendors or commercial enterprises who can be instrumental in accelerating our path to market, as needed.
• Assess and understand competition and position SABIC to stay ahead of competitors. Develop and maintain strong market and competitive intelligence
• Establish and maintain external industry/segment networks with key stakeholders, influencers incl. industry associations
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of competitive product offerings, pricing, resources and other major activities that will enable us to stay ahead and win.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education & Training
• Advanced business/Marketing degree. Technical background/savviness is an asset.
• 5 years min experience in nanotechnology-related market assessment, strategy development and execution roles
• Strong experience in strategic marketing and value based marketing
• Extensive experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on marketing strategies to meet customers needs
• Ability to build strong relationships at all levels internally and externally as well as foster innovation
• Excellent communicator with excellent writing skills
• Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong desire to be part of something new
• The ideal candidate will have held previous marketing roles.
Competencies • Ability to technically understand the products, processes, market segments, applications, technology and regulations across multiple external industries.
• Apply depth and breadth analysis of market needs, functional requirements identification and segmentation.
• Good drive and influencing skills
• Ability to translate market segmentation, needs analysis and competitive intelligence insights into a clear and pragmatic market roadmap and 5P strategy geared at sustainable differentiation.
• Good interpersonal styles, listening skills, intercultural awareness.
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills across a complex set of organizations and interfaces.
• Business and Financial acumen
• Proactive and concise communication.
• Capable of thinking and acting on a global and regional basis. Travel within the region up to 30%. International travel up to 10 %
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW