SABIC is the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals. In today’s business world we know that both quarterly targets and longer term strategies are important. We get how business works and what brings sustained growth and market leadership.
Job title: Industry Technologist – Mass Transportation Industry
Job ID: 5952BR
Location: United States of America
The Mass Transportation team is within SABIC’s Global Technology & Innovation Department and is mainly focused on projects with the Innovative Plastics SBU. It aims to create and deliver a portfolio of industry solutions for segments like aerospace and rail globally.
• Provide technical expertise in understanding application needs, testing and prototyping for Mass Transportation market segments, which includes aerospace and rail
• Lead discussions and problem solving sessions with customers regarding material properties, part production, processing and testing
• Create and manage technical programs from start to commercialization in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
• Define a Technical strategy for Mass Transportation industry based on customer inputs and emerging market needs, in close collaboration with Marketing
• Identify, evaluate and develop external relationships with strategic partners
• Provide technical leadership to build intellectual property framework for key application segments in the Mass Transportation industry
Requirements Essential skills for this position include: entrepreneurial mindset; technical curiosity and quick to learn, but able to understand multiple technologies with depth; organized and able to manage multiple efforts; high level of business acumen with ability to prioritize best opportunities for the business; ability to think strategically, then set goals and tactics to focus and lead teams to deliver on that strategy.
• M.S. or higher degree in Engineering or Material/Polymer Science
• 5 or more years of experience in Mass Transportation applications e.g., aerospace and/or rail interiors
• Knowledgeable in application development (design, material, process, regulatory requirements, and part performance) in aerospace or rail interior segments
• Experience with thermoplastics, thermosets or non-polymeric materials
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in working effectively with customers and in global teams
• Willing to travel internationally to OEMs and customers (Americas, Europe and Asia)
• 20-30% Travel
SABIC Internal T&I Employees at grades 13, 14, 15 will be considered for this job. If T&I employee is selected for the role he/she will maintain his/her current grade and will be assigned work commensurate with their current grade.
External Hires and Non T&I SABIC employees will be placed on the SABIC Technical Career Ladder depending on experience level, degree and proven technical knowledge; and will be assigned work commensurate with that grade.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW