Midwestern is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
We seek to hire a competent professional and self-motivated talent to fill the below position in our pipeline operations:
Job Title: Accountant
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate accounting and financial reports, Budget management business integration and team building, Directs the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, and manages commercial activities
- Managing preparation and review of statutory financial statements.
- Improves the processes related to the timeliness of the Company’s periodic and annual financial reports.
- Liaises with statutory audits
- Preparing internal management reports for senior management and assist with preparation of presentations.
- Documenting and testing financial reporting controls
- Coordinating periodic reviews of financial reporting activities
- Assisting in coordinating with the chief financial officer and internal audit, the review of controls by all departments
- Coordinating preparation of Periodic financial reports
- Collate and prepare annual budget
- Prepare Billing Statement and cash calls
- Tax planning management and control
- Treasury function
- Payables and Receivable account management
- First degree in Accounting, Economics or a Finance related discipline (Professional qualifications compulsory e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA etc.)
- Timely and accurate accounting and financial reports
- Backlog Volume
- Cycle time to perform reports
- Percentage of financial reports issued on time
- Revenue Control and cost optimization
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: email@example.com stating why they are suitable for the job. The subject of the email should be the position applied for.
Application Deadline Date
30th December, 2014.