Midwestern is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
We seek to hire a competent professional and self-motivated talent to fill the below position in our pipeline operations:
Job Title: HSE Officer
- Development of all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE management of system including corrective and preventive measures
- Reporting directly to the UACL Operations Manager to support the day to day HSE management and long range stewards p of the HSE in UACL Operations.
- Participating in hazard identification and risk assessment of projects on the pipeline and appurtenances
- Carrying out audits in accordance with the Annual Audit Programme
- Providing HSE support during projects
- Ensuring regular checks are performed on portable Firefighting, Safety and Emergency equipment by relevant service providers, and ensuring equipment at Eriemu LACT station is sent for repair and maintenance when required.
- Participating in incident investigations
- Analysis and reporting of HSE performance data
- Ensuring regular weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports are accurately compiled & sent to Head of UACL Pipeline Operations
- Carrying out Safety Inductions for new personnel onboard
- Degree level (HND or B.Sc or B.Eng. in Safety or Natural/Physical Sciences or Engineering)
- General HSE certificate
- HSE Competence Development Course Certificate
- Possession of NEBOSH International General Certificate
- Candidate should have at least 5 Years HSE experience within the oil and gas industry 3 of which preferably should be in pipeline safety supervision.
Knowledge required includes:
- A thorough understanding of Pipeline HSE regulations/standards and the regulatory process with excellent analytical skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Has the ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff, Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating why they are suitable for the job. The subject of the email should be the position applied for.
Application Deadline Date
30th December, 2014.