Midwestern is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
We seek to hire a competent professional and self-motivated talent to fill the below position in our pipeline operations:
Job Title: LACT Operator
- To operate the LACT Unit to ensure accurate crude oil delivery into third party manifold, safely and within agreed specification
- To operate, maintain and carrying out daily checks on all the equipments on the LACT UNIT and prover Loop at specified intervals as may be determined by the company SOP
- Hourly tracking and documentation of the installed custody transfer meters, inline auto sampler, line pressures and other instruments on the LACT UNIT in other to ensure they are performing at their optimal level
- Ensure Bi-hourly manual sampling and analysis of the pipeline crude oil samples and liaise with designated parties during control sample catching and storage
- Catching of daily sample from the Auto sampler for analysis and resetting the auto sampler for a new day run
- Preparation & computation of daily production report and transmitting them along with the computer printout from the control unit to designated parties
- First level Maintenance of Auto Sampler unit
- Responding and troubleshooting alarm signals from the control units and rectifying abnormal conditions
- To oversee all operation and maintenance activities within the location and report to the maintenance and operation supervisor
- Provide regular and necessary feedback on all measurement issues at the LACT UNIT to designated authorities in other to ensure that the LACT UNIT is operated arid maintained at 100% availability level
- Monitor and ensure the Lab Technologist carry out accurate monitoring of crude oil quality BS&W, API etc.
- Support the metering engineers /vendors in keeping records of calibration changes, modifications and test equipment certificates on the LCFUNIT to ensure they comply with the government regulations always through scheduled re-certifications
- Ensure that all operations at the LACT UNIT follow lay down principle & guidelines and conforms to the company’s safety, environments and quality policies
- B.Sc (Hons) or HND in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Petroleum and other related engineering disciplines
- Experience in oil and gas industry operations, minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience in oil and gas production operations;
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical and fluid flow principles,
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Automation experience and hands on troubleshooting experience is helpful
- Good in written and verbal communication skill
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating why they are suitable for the job. The subject of the email should be the position applied for.
Application Deadline Date
30th December, 2014.