Midwestern is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
We seek to hire a competent professional and self-motivated talent to fill the below position in our pipeline operations:
Job Title: Maintenance Technologist
- Services, maintains and repairs mechanical equipment (Generators, pumps, motors, compressors, Meters etc) used in oil and gas production and processing.
- To carrying out daily checks and maintain logs on all rotating and static equipment for the LACT Generators, compressor and pumps to ensure constant equipment availability.
- Carry out schedule maintenance on the LACT UNIT and prover Loop equipment strainers, transfer pump Auto sampler etc.
- Ensure adequate spares for the smooth running of the facility
- Carryout maintenance of camp and control room building facility
- Follow maintenance and repairs procedures as per specified standards to ensure integrity and safety of mechanical systems and equipment
- Carry out routine maintenance checks and report/
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and resolve any faults or abnormalities of equipment.
- Responsible for implementing effective equipment maintenance/overhaul of specified equipment in accordance with company and vendor procedures so as to facilitate maximum reliability, availability and safety of the equipment (Generators, valves, compressors, pumps, piping etc.)
- Notify supervisor about any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spares parts
- B.Sc (Hons) or HND Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in oil and gas operating environment
- Ability to work with less supervisors
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to carry out maintenance forecast
- Demonstrable ability in repair and overhauling heavy duty diesel generators, air compressors and pumps to eliminate down time and must be good in written and verbal communication skill
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating why they are suitable for the job. The subject of the email should be the position applied for.
Application Deadline Date
30th December, 2014.