Nautronix remains a world-leader in the design and supply of advanced underwater acoustic systems which encompass its Acoustic Digital Spread Spectrum (ADS²) technology, for world-leading subsea communications and positioning capability.The company is headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland, with sales offices in Houston, US, Rio de Janeiro and Macaé, Brazil and Stavanger, Norway. Nautronix operates a Global Integrated Customer Services (ICS) team providing 24/7 support to customer installations.
Job title: System Support Technician
Location: Houston, Texas
Nautronix are looking for a Houston based System Support Technician to join the Operations Support Team, to deliver installation, commissioning, repairs and technical support training for all Nautronix products to clients both on and offshore around the world.
- Carrying out repairs, installation, upgrades, refurbishment and demonstrations of Nautronix systems and products within foreign and offshore locations, sometimes at short notice.
- Carrying out training of customers operators.
- Visiting customers and making customer service sales calls when required.
- Handling technical enquiries; providing customer support/advice and technical sales support.
- Estimating, quoting, repairing, refurbishing, preparing, test and tuning company products as required.
- Accurately and proficiently maintaining all reports, paperwork and drawings as required by all relevant procedures in the Nautronix Quality Management System.
- Performing QC check functions where qualified to do so.
- Participating in the Company’s “on call out of hours” rota system if required.
- Actively promote Nautronix products and services to customers in the field.
- Implement management system manual and procedures, including health and safety and environmental requirements within respective departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
ONC/OND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent US Technical Associates Degree.
At least two years work experience as technician or engineer in the servicing of electronic equipment and systems.
Practical experience of wiring termination and debug.
Basic computer literacy.
Familiar with a wide range of Electronic Test Equipment.
Good understanding of electrical and electronic system installation and maintenance.
Valid driving licence.
Ability to work unsupervised.
Logical debug skills.
Understand and use of system wiring and electronic drawings.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent US Technical Associates Degree.
- Valid Offshore Survival with HUET certificates.
- Two valid passports.
- Five years work experience as technician or engineer in the servicing of electronic equipment and systems.
- At least two years work experience onboard seagoing vessels in a technical discipline or capacity.
- Experience working with acoustic positioning systems and or equipment.
- Experience with setting up or maintaining basic IT network.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience in delivering PowerPoint based Training Courses.
- In depth knowledge of acoustic system tracking techniques and normal associated issues.
- IT networks PC set-up Interfacing RS232/422/485.
- Trained to military or offshore down hole workmanship standards for wiring termination and soldering etc.
- IT system operation and maintenance.
- Excellent English language skills both verbal and written.
- Well presented.
- Positive outlook.
- Happy to travel world-wide sometimes at very short notice.
- Fluent in a second language- preferably Portuguese.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW