Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Job title: Senior Research Geophysicist – 4D Geophysics
Job ID: 032239496
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Research Geophysicist – 4D Geophysics, located in Houston, Texas.
This position is for a Senior Research Scientist with specialization in in time-lapse geophysics including integration of rock physics and rock mechanics principles and measurements, assessment and evaluation of seismic data for 4D reservoir monitoring, and development of new tools for prediction and evaluation of 4D seismic responses. This person will also support, mentor, and teach other earth scientists in applying the techniques, workflows and software that are developed and deployed.
You might also like:
Organo Gold Job Opportunity
Oil & Gas Republic Digital Magazine (PDF) FREE DOWNLOAD
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop, deploy, and enhance differentiated reservoir property estimation technology for ETC services and BU customers.
- Develop and execute the research program in time-lapse seismic and integration with other research programs in geophysical surveillance, inversion, rock physics, and rock mechanics.
- Work with ETC Geophysical Reservoir Surveillance Team and BU’s in assessing the viability of a 4D response from a reservoir, designing an effective 4D program, and evaluating the results and effects on future production.
- Work with internal & external partners to deliver solutions to Chevron exploration and production projects.
- Contribute to an array of projects across the R&D Unit, sharing learnings, adopting standards and mentoring less experienced staff members.
- Master’s degree in Geophysics or related field such as Physics or Applied Mathematics.
- Minimum of 10 years’ direct geophysics experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ 4D geophysics experience.
- Strong technical background with knowledge and experience in time-lapse seismic, rock physics, reservoir surveillance techniques, reservoir property estimation, and geomechanics.
- Ability to develop and articulate a broad technology vision and strategy that leads to a series of practical integrated technology projects.
- Solid understanding of software platforms and architecture required to realize practical and efficient solutions.
- Business and management skills including planning and oversight of execution and delivery of research and development programs using a structured project lifecycle management system.
- Understanding of key business objectives and associated technical challenges, with a solid understanding of the role that improvements in 4D and reservoir surveillance geophysics could play in addressing those challenges.
- Knowledge of geophysical vendor and industry capability, current directions and limitations.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, communicating R&D strategy, objectives and results to multi-level audiences, users, customers, and management.
- Coordination and collaboration with similar geophysical surveillance, rock physics, and geomechanics research programs with Chevron to produce a consolidated effort to advance Chevron’s capabilities and business impact.
- Strong external network amongst geophysical contractors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: clear technical memorandums, documentation, well-organized PowerPoint presentations.
- Interested in expanding technical capability, mentoring new hires and transferring knowledge to larger community of practice.
- Ph.D. in Geophysics or related field.
- Record of publications demonstrating success in geophysical research.
- Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-TJ1
- Expatriate assignments will be considered.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW