Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Job title: Interpretation and Earth Modeling Support Specialist
Job ID: 032239658
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Chevron Energy Technology Company is accepting online applications for the position of Interpretation and Earth Modeling Support Specialist to be located in Houston, TX.
This position is for an experienced seismic interpretation and earth modeling individual who is interested in providing in-depth technical support to our upstream business unit interpreters and earth modelers. The position creates an excellent opportunity for this individual to learn up-to-date Chevron interpretation and earth modeling framework technologies. The job responsibility includes day-to-day technology support, consulting, technical service, training/mentoring, testing, and working with other Chevron experts to provide a full range of G&G end user support.
You might also like:
Organo Gold Job Opportunity
Oil & Gas Republic Digital Magazine (PDF) FREE DOWNLOAD
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Apply understanding of seismic interpretation and earth modeling workflows and technology to analyze and solve application problems. Help users to perform 2D and 3D seismic interpretation, geobody detection, amplitude analysis, mapping, fault modeling, pillar gridding, time/depth conversions, seismic synthetic creation, well correlation, facies modeling, petrophysical modeling, and volumetric calculation, etc. using Petrel.
- Provide support on Petrel workflow editor and including workflow creation/setup, work with pre-defined workflows, and modify existing workflows, etc. Provide backfill support for Petrel RE. Capture issues and escalate as needed.
- Provide reliable global application support using strong technical skill/ knowledge and relevant experience. Help users to use the vendor and proprietary applications/workflows and build new workflows as required.
- Provide integrated workflows and solutions that involve multiple systems from different vendors. Promote best practices and standard to end users and share knowledge with support team and users.
- Evaluate and test new versions of applications and workflows, develop and deliver end users trainings, provide mentorship to other support people and end users.
- Depending on the task, may be responsible for overseeing small projects and/or providing technical service work for business units. Apply project management skills and principles to manage multiple tasks at a time and apply change and release management processes.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and evaluation/pilot of new interpretation and earth modeling technologies.
- Work closely with others teams across departments and support teams in Global Technology Centers to provide global Petrotechnical application support
- Use strong interpersonal communication skills while providing technical leadership role for digital earth science workflows. Prepare written documentation and presentation to users or management as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Earth Science or Engineering related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of professional earth science working experience or end user support using Petrel.
- Knowledge with Petrel project setup, reference project, Studio, data management, workflow editor, interpretation, fault modeling, pillar gridding, petrophysical modeling and volume calculation.
- Ability to develop new workflows for earth scientists and contribute to strategic technology decisions.
- Strong communication skills and personality that fits well with a support role. S/he should be able to work independently and in a team environment, enjoys interacting with team members, and likes to share the newly-learned knowledge with others.
- Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
- A Master’s Degree in an Earth Science or Engineering related discipline.
Experience with Petrel RE, VBM, OpenSpirit, well correlation, well design, scale-up, and reservoir simulation.
- Relocation will be considered for this position.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW