BHP Billiton Petroleum has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in more than a dozen countries around the globe. We have a significant position in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and U.S. onshore, as well as operations in Australia, the United Kingdom, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Our headquarters is located in Houston, Texas, USA.
Job title: Technical Assistant – Drilling & Completion
Job ID: NAS770868
Location: US – Texas – Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we’re the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Provide technical support to completions operations. The position has a key responsibility for tracking the performance of operated and non-operated wells.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical and administrative support to the completions department (Completions Managers, Completions Superintendents, Completions Engineering Supervisors, and Completions Engineers).
• Prepare individual well performance monitoring reports for operated and non-operated wells.
• Analyze performance of offset wells and maintain a database of offset well and rig performance.
• Compose and prepare presentation materials including figures, diagrams, and view graphs.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of drilling, completions and well services activities and operations.
• A sound proficiency in MS Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
• A working proficiency in other visualization applications; MS Project, MS Visio and MS Frontpage.
• Basic information technology knowledge; Windows OS and MS Office environment.
• Good written and verbal communications skills.
• Associate’s Degree degree is preferred.
• Five or more years practical experience in the petroleum industry in a technical capacity with at least 1 of those years in technical support of drilling & completions operations.
• Proficiency in well reporting database applications, Microsoft Office applications, and a capacity to learn and effectively use other technical software as required.