Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
40,000 exceptionally talented people throughout our global operations;
150+ years of history, operating in over 50 countries;
We serve the oil & gas, clean energy, environment & infrastructure and mining markets;
We offer consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialised power equipment services to our customers worldwide
Job title: Senior Ecologist
Job ID: 21884BR
Location: London or Newbury – UK
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Consultant to join our terrestrial ecology team in our London or Newbury office. Our long established but still growing team is working on a broad range of projects including in the transport, renewables, nuclear, other power, waste, minerals and property sectors. We are looking for an individual with a successful track record in managing and delivering high quality technical work. You will have experience in undertaking extended Phase 1 habitat and protected species surveys on development sites. You will also have experience in preparing proposals and in client liaison.
You would be supporting an established team of ecologists with a broad range of expertise and be expected to provide assistance and support for our ongoing workload. AMEC offers an excellent salary package and there are excellent opportunities for career progression, technical training and exposure to a broad range of project types, working closely with other environmental disciplines. Key Responsibilities
You will work closely with other ecology team members and with colleagues in other technical disciplines, on a wide variety of legally protected species work, ecological impact assessments and habitat creation, enhancement and management schemes. Role Requirements
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent in ecology or a related subject.
• An MSc or PhD in a relevant subject would be beneficial
• You will have managed ecological projects (including undertaking ecological impact assessments), won ecological work in a competitive environment and have strong experience in biological survey work (with the main focus being on the terrestrial environment).
• You will have experience in acting as an ecological clerk of works.
• Experience in undertaking Habitats Regulations Assessments would be beneficial.
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) would also be beneficial.
• A valid UK driving licence is essential for this role as is the flexibility to work unsocial hours and regularly to work away on site.
Obineme Ndubuisi Micheal,
Technical | Creative and Senior News Writer, covering the entire value chain of the Energy Industry. Our publication covers the entire value chain of Renewable/Energy, Power, Mining, To get in touch, email: email@example.com