Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company’s master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.
Job title: Reliability Team Leader – Borger Refinery
Job ID: 00IXB
Location: NORTH AMERICA-USA-TEXAS-BORGER
The Reliability Team Leader reports to the Reliability and Maintenance Engineering Team Lead and leads the reliability improvement efforts for the Borger Refinery.
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead the overall reliability efforts on site to ensure superior uptime and safe, responsible operation.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with local, State and Federal jurisdictions including OSHA, DOT, TRRC and TCEQ.
- Ensure Preventive Maintenance Tasks are managed to the highest standards in the industry.
- Build functional capability into the refinery to improve and sustain reliability.
- Network with external industry leaders to benchmark progress and ideas. Network with other P66 sites to share expertise, align on best practices, and ensure mutual implementation. Evaluate promising new technologies and implement where they are supported by a strong business case.
- Provide and monitor key reliability performance and improvement metrics. Develop improvement plans based on the results.
- Design, document and implement reliability work processes. Ensure that PM and PdMs are optimized, documented and kept up to date. Establish and audit compliance standards.
- Work with project teams to optimize reliability and ensure compliance on capital projects.
- Create a culture where long term, stable operations is a first priority. Recognize and reward outstanding reliability performance.
- Provide safety leadership for the Reliability group, championing safe work performance.
- Oversee career development for reliability and rotating equipment engineers.
- Champion specific reliability and TPM improvement efforts to ensure they are implemented and sustained.
- Define training programs and requirements for plant personnel in the area of Reliability.
- Lead the Defect Elimination process for the refinery through managing Bad Actor Lists and RCFA processes.
Reliability Team Leaders are expected to display thought, results, people and personal leadership. Behaviors expected of a Reliability Team Leader include:
- Analysis: Analyzes problems, situations and circumstances and understands their impact on and risks for the business. Integrates information, guidelines and requirements from different sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective decisions. Draws optimal conclusions from financial, business, quantitative and qualitative information in a timely manner.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands, aligns to, and/or establishes the vision and direction of the organization. Shapes, develops, aligns and/or implements the strategies of the organization to capture emerging trends, address competitive threats, meet market needs, provide value to the consumer, and enhance business value. Communicates the strengths and aligns personal and work group activities to the organizations strategic goals.
- Novel Thinking: Generates and champions new ideas, approaches, and initiatives, and creates an environment that nurtures and supports novel thinking. Leverages fresh perspectives and ideas and new concepts to create business value. Encourages different ways of looking at problems, processes or solutions.
- Planning & Execution: Identifies action steps and develops realistic plans in order to accomplish objectives and goals. Sets standards for, plans for, and improves work performance. Focuses, aligns and optimizes the use of resources to achieve goals. Holds self and/or others accountable of competitive work responsibilities safely, effectively, and efficiently. Demonstrates initiative, works to achieve results, meets or exceeds goals, and acts on opportunities to create value.
- Results Orientation: Demonstrates and fosters a clear understanding of priorities and a sense of optimism, ownership, and strong commitment to achieving goals and organizational success. Acts with a strong sense of initiative and perseveres to achieve meaningful results in a safe manner.
- Influence: Influences and motivates others, clearly communicates appropriate information on how team members can contribute to the goals of the organization and articulates a compelling viewpoint. Solicits input; positions and explains ideas and proposals in ways that get support from others.
- Communication: Prepares and delivers clear, concise, accurate, and effective written and verbal materials/messages according to the needs of the audience. Attentively and effectively listens to others. Promotes a free and timely flow of high-quality information between self and others and across the organization through multiple channels; encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Establishes professional relationships that enhance the levels of inclusion collaboration, and trust that exist between people, interacting with others personally, competently and effectively to achieve goals. Establishes a network of relationships inside and outside of the organization. Promotes a culture that makes people feel valued and respected and leverages even difficult or tense circumstances to enhance relationships.
- Engage and Inspire: Fosters personal achievement and excellence. Articulates and inspires commitment to a plan of action aligned with the organizational objectives and goals. Instills and sustains organization-wide ownership and optimism; empowers others and helps them envision a greater sense of what is possible.
- Talent Enhancement: Attracts, develops, manages, and retains critical and top talent. Develops or supports talent plans, talent pools, and bench strength. Ensures that training, feedback, and development opportunities. Shares experience and expertise to enhance people’s capabilities and empowers them appropriately.
- Establishing Trust: Gains others’ confidence and trust through principled leadership, sound business, ethics, authenticity, and follow-through on commitments. Demonstrates transparency and shows consistency among principles, values, and behaviors. Establishes open, candid and trusting relationships. Treats all individuals fairly and with respect, behaves in accordance with expressed beliefs and company values, and maintains high standards of integrity.
- Adaptability: Anticipates and embraces change and responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands. Willingly and effectively deals with stress and complexities of various situations. Moves forward productively under conditions of change or uncertainty. Seeks feedback and views challenges as learning opportunities
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Technical Degree
- 3 or more years of direct experience in refinery reliability.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (specifically Mechanical Engineering)
- Proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) module
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop conceptual thinking to the point of practical applications, and a demonstrated ability to implement these applications in the field
- Broad knowledge of refinery processes and equipment
- Broad knowledge of common preventative and predictive maintenance practices
- Demonstrated experience with RCFA and related analytical tools
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 8, 2015 .
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW