Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company and is renowned for its professional and customer-centric approach. The diversity of insights from our 25,000 employees all over the world strengthens our international reputation for high standards and innovation. Maersk Nigeria is represented in Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Kano with over 120 employees and is part the Central West Africa Cluster consisting of Togo, Benin Republic, Ghana and Niger Republic.
Job title: Graduate Programme 2015 – Commercial
Job ID: ML-068070
If you work well with others, have a can-do attitude and have the ambition and passion to excel, the Maersk Liner Graduate Programme (MLGP) can offer you the perfect opportunity to build a long-term and varied career in an international environment.
The MLGP is designed to provide access to a fast track career for bright young professionals across a range of disciplines. The programme combines learning and talent practices to ensure that developmental opportunities are maximised to the benefit of both the participants and the company.
- You will join a team of highly competent colleagues and jointly participate in reaching the objectives of your department.
- Your manager will continually provide you with individual sparring to help you develop professionally and personally.
- Being part of a global shipping programme, you will meet your fellow Maersk Liner Graduate Programme participants from all over the world in four seminars across at least two continents. During these seminars, you will receive insights into the Shipping Industry, grow your understanding of the business and develop your personal competences.
- You will take an active role in your own development and work together with your manager and HR to identify your key development needs and build an action plan.
Who we are looking for
- Master’s level education in Business or related discipline with a maximum of 3 years commercial work experience after graduation in parallel with education or between degrees.
- Ambitious individual with a passion and drive to excel.
- An international mind-set and excellent command of English (both spoken and written).
- A pragmatic and holistic thinker.
- Resourceful and flexible with strong capabilities to prioritise, optimise and perform under pressure.
- Strong desire to pursue a long-term career within the commercial part of the business.
- International mobility and travels are expected.
A challenging and rewarding opportunity where you will build a long-term career in the global trade and transportation industry – during the 2-year Graduate Programme, you will have vast opportunities and be part of an international group of young professionals. Together you will:
- Build your knowledge from some of the best experts within the shipping and business fields, in your day to day job and in classroom environments.
- Build a global network that you can leverage in your future interactions to enable collaboration and career.
- Be significantly exposed to high-level leaders to ensure that theoretical insights are continuously linked to concrete business challenges.
- Become part of a team where we play to win and ‘we’ always comes before ‘I’.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2015.
To apply for this programme, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW