Schlumberger is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Employing more than 120,000 people representing over 140 nationalities and working in approximately 85 countries, Schlumberger provides the industry’s widest range of products and services from exploration through production.
Job title: Project Engineer, Drilling Fluids
Location: All Locations
The main role of the Project Engineer is managing the application of all drilling fluid products and services at the wellsite, which requires extensive technical expertise and efficient coordination of operational personnel and logistical considerations. The Project Engineer liaises with the customer, making recommendations that will add value and optimize drilling performance, and guiding product and service selections based on recognized opportunities.
Successful Project Engineers are excellent communicators and can resolve conflicts professionally and efficiently.
- Takes proactive measures to eliminate safety hazards by performing risk analyses.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Participates in customer safety and service quality meetings for ongoing projects.
- Coordinates personnel at the wellsite and provides technical guidance to achieve project goals.
- Monitors drilling performance data and recommends ways to optimize performance.
- Coordinates laboratory testing to evaluate product performance or characteristics and makes appropriate recommendations based on results.
- Coordinates logistics to ensure products and services are delivered according to customer’s technical program while maximizing company supply chain efficiency.
- Anticipates complications from unexpected changes in the drilling program and provides technical guidance to avoid NPT.
- Ensures root cause analyses are completed for failures related to products and services and informs customer of the relevant findings and actions.
- Collaborates with R&E to resolve technical challenges and recommends improvements to products and services.
- Proactively supports the implementation of corrective measures for product or service failures.
- Resolves customer operational conflicts in a professional, ethical manner.
- Manages daily pricing and invoicing according to the contract terms.
- Manages the training and development of operational personnel at the wellsite.
- Ensures all critical data required to complete daily customer reports is accurate.
- Manages all project reporting requirements as specified by the customer.
- Completes and delivers the final project recap report to the customer.
- Evaluates the project drilling performance data against relevant benchmark data for the delivered products or services, and reports the performance results.
- Supports the development of future project proposals and bids for contracts/tenders.
- Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent, in chemical engineering, chemistry, earth sciences, or petroleum engineering preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience, with at least 5 years in offshore drilling fluids work; 2 years in technical sales or support preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of drilling fluid product handling per Department of Transportation, International Maritime Organization, and local regulations.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW