Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream Americas, Upstream International, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With approximately 87,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Job title: Sector Marketing Manager – Quarry/Cement/Construction/Well Services
Job ID: 14162BR
Location: Houston, TX – USA
The QCC (Quarry, Cement, Construction) / Oil & Gas sector manager works as part of the North America B2B Marketing team which is accountable for developing the overall B2B strategy for Shell’s Lubricants business. The QCC / Oil & Gas Sector Manager is specifically accountable for developing the strategy (including segment analysis, competitive assessment, CVPs and supporting programs, pricing strategy, lead generation) for the QCC and Oil & Gas (mainly Well Services) sectors. These strategies and supporting programs must consider the various channels that Shell Lubricants sell through (ie direct and distributor). The role also manages an SP&A budget which is used to develop support materials and programs for the Sales organization.
Develop clear, concise sector strategies for QCC and Oil and Gas in the USA and Canada. To drive growth in the NA QCC / Oil & Gas sectors through marketing strategies and supporting initiatives and activities demonstrating the value of our brands, products, people and CVPs. Sector CVPs must show the ability to build revenue and increase profits for both Shell and the customer.
Leadership & Coordination:
- Work with internal stakeholders (eg, Sales, Marketing, Technical, LSC) to lead the development of sector strategies and supporting CVPs, tools, programs. Communicate these to Shell’s Sales organization so they are clear on their role, how to sell CVPs etc. The QCC / Oil & Gas Sector Manager is accountable for leading the implementation, tracking, measuring of specific initiatives and activities designed to grow in these sectors. The role is also responsible for developing communications for senior management on the progress of these sector strategies / major initiatives and recommend areas of improvement.
- Work with the B2B Marketing lead in the Distributor Marketing team to drive execution of the QCC / Oil & Gas sector strategies in the Distributor channel.
- Develop insights and recommendations for improving business sector performance through shared responsibility (along with Sales). This will include evaluation of the relevance and execution of CVPs, and benchmarking the product mix and price positioning.
Implementation & Execution:
- Lead the development of the various initiatives and activities which will drive growth in the direct and indirect channels.
- Participate in regular Sales Pipeline reviews with KAMs and FBAMs. Identify areas where Marketing can support improving overall Pipeline performance (generate qualified leads, cycle time, hit rate etc).
- Participate in various Sales team meetings to discuss sector strategies, train KAMs and FBAMs on Shell’s various CVPs and programs and how to identify customer needs and develop winning offers.
- As product and pricing champion, ensure Shell has the right product portfolio and pricing strategy (incl effective COGS) for products that are key to winning in the QCC / Oil & Gas sectors.
- Support training for KAMs, FBAMs as well as key Distributors (as time and travel budget will allow).
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in Marketing / Sales with understanding of the appropriate marketing tools and principles.
- Proven experience in the Quarry/Cement/Construction/Well Services industry.
- Proven track record of success in commercial business activities; sales or marketing.
- Proven experience with product portfolios and pricing strategies.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW