A renowned leader in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) industry, Fluor Corporation delivers some of the industry’s most complex projects. With our cutting-edge technology, outstanding safety record and history of success, it is no wonder that Fluor is ranked #1 on Fortune magazine’s “Engineering, Construction” industry list of America’s largest corporations. Fluor is also ranked #1 in the same category on Fortune’s annual survey of World’s Most Admired Companies
Fluor is seeking the top Director-U.S. and Puerto Rico H&W Plan Administration to meet our growing demands in Irving, TX
Director-U.S. and Puerto Rico H&W Plan Administration
Responsible for the administration of the benefits programs which are compliant with federal and state wage and hour laws. Act as an expert advisor and consultant to HR business partners to help achieve their organizational objectives. Ability to develop trusting relationships with all customers and use judgment and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations. Will be a leader within Benefits team and provide direction to others.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for the ongoing management of the Company’s Health Care programs. Includes vendor & relationship management, project management, plan management, and people management.
- Serve as a Benefits leader on internal HR cross-functional projects that require health care subject matter expertise.
- Manages day-to day activities of outsourced plan administrator, health care vendors and internal staff to ensure programs are administered according to our business strategy.
- Assists in researching, analyzing, and evaluating health care vendors. Applying best industry practices to ensure vendor contractual terms, conditions, and performance standards are established and fully met.
- Manages the implementation of complex health care program changes, vendor changes, and large special projects requiring extensive benefits subject matter and advanced project management expertise. Must be able to manage several large, complex projects concurrently.
- Ensures the health care programs are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations. Establishes strong internal controls to prevent violations regarding private health information (PHI) or private information exposure, discrimination or other impropriety.
- Directs and coordinates the work of up to 2 internal professionals.
- Proactively identify opportunities for benefit programs, evaluate offerings, and make recommendations to management.
- Support financial analysis of annual budgets for health, welfare and retirement benefit plans. Reconcile plan expenses and premiums, identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Review vendor invoices/premium billings for accuracy and determine appropriate allocation to business units and/or plans. Upon request, compile financial data, monitor trends and prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports.