One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
Job Title: Co-op Student, Thermal South – Engineering
Location: Lloydminster, SK
Start Date: September 2015
Length of Term: 8, 12 or 16 months
Business Unit: Heavy Oil Production Operations
Application Deadline: May 31, 2015 or once the position has been filled
The successful candidate will work closely with experienced engineers to learn about production and project engineering.
Key Responsibilities may involve:
- Gathering and analyzing production data
- Prepare detailed service rip request packages for approval – includes recommendation, well history, detailed execution program and economics
- Prepare Approval for Expenditure (AFE) packages for approval of capital projects (ie. well optimization, equipment upgrades, installation of compressors, installation of fuel gas/water transfer pipes)
- Assist Production Engineers in preparation of annual production/ operating cost budget
- Conducting project feasibility studies and economic evaluations
- Analyzing primary and/or secondary oil recovery and/or gas production potential
- Reserves evaluation and management
- Performing downhole calculations on oil-gas systems to compute flowing bottom-hole pressures, wellhead pressures and flow rates
- Support the Production/ Project Engineers on district projects
- Must be currently enrolled in a University Co-op or Internship program
- Strong academic background in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum engineering
- Completion of 2nd year of an engineering program
- Previous oil and gas experience would be an asset
- Computer skills (MS Office and databases) are essential
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
Students moving to Lloydminster for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
The successful candidate must reside in the Lloydminster area. All candidates will be responsible to find their own accommodations during their work term.
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation in Lloydminster.
Find more about living and working in Lloydminster at www.lloydminster.ca
This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Husky pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
This position requires the incumbent to operate a vehicle for which a valid driver’s license is required. If you are selected for an interview you will be required to submit a copy of a recent driver’s abstract. The final candidate(s) will be required to provide a recent original driver’s abstract for a 5 year period, 30 days prior to starting work with Husky, for review by our Health and Safety group.
Benefits of a Husky Co-op/Internship:
- Opportunities to:
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
- gain eligibility for Husky’s Engineering Rotational Program for New Grads
- Relevant experience in your field of study
- Competitive wages
- Relocation assistance
Please submit resume, cover letter, transcript, & confirmation of enrolment in a co-op/internship program (ex. transcript stating co-op enrolment, letter from co-op coordinator)
Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW