Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Job title: Database Administrator – Oracle
Job ID: CSSC40277
Location: Makati, NCR (Manila), Philippines
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Database Administrator – Oracle located in Makati, Philippines through April 27, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Installs, configures, performs tuning, monitors & backup of Oracle Databases.
- Handles many DBA level tasks for Oracle like patch management, monitoring services and uptime.
- Evaluates system alternatives, provides estimates for database solutions.
- Delivers technical specifications, test plans, code & unit testing of technical solutions.
- Ensures all deliverables adhere to Chevron technical standards.
- Corrects defects found during functional, integration, performance, and user acceptance test cycles.
- Ensures adherence to IT Service Management (ITSM) incident and change management processes for application delivery.
- Implements database tables, views and stored procedures.
- Analyzes queries for performance improvement opportunities.
- Provides full support of systems for break-fix, install, move, add, change, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Participates in weekly and monthly meeting calls with other teams/remote locations. Able to co-ordinate among the geographically distributed stakeholders like Business Analyst, Development Team, Quality Assurance Team and Project Manager.
- Works with Systems and Business Analysts to gather detailed business requirements, identify preferred solutions, develop functional specifications with the support team, implement, and test new functionality.
- Balance priorities to ensure both SLAs and project commitments are met.
- Degree Holder.
- At least 6 years of experience working in enterprise Oracle environment.
- Experience in Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g is a must.
- Installing and Patching Oracle Software.
- Database object management.
- Scheduling jobs for Space monitoring.
- Hands-on experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager, DB cloning, commissioning, migrations.
- SQL Performance tuning and Scheduling Daily Backups.
- Expertise in Oracle Recovery Manger (RMAN) backup, recovery and Oracle Utilities like data pump
- Excellent Communication Skills both oral & written.
- MS SQL DBA, SSIS and SSRS, Oracle 12C exposure is preferred.
- Experience working in a global, multi-cultural IT Support Model environment.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in the Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW