Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling, well service and engineering company with 3000 employees and operations in more than 20 countries. The company was listed on the Oslo Stock exchange 27. September 2013. The company has established expertise in the operation of ultra deep water and harsh environment mobile offshore units in both Norwegian waters and internationally. In addition, we have built a position as a major supplier of personnel for drilling operations and maintenance on fixed and floating production platforms in the North Sea.
Job title: Design Engineer
Location: UAE – Dubai
Odfjell Well Services are looking for Design Engineer to join our Product Engineering team based in Dubai. As part of our dynamic and versatile unit you will contribute to both the development of new products and the sustaining of the exist products. You shall have significant experience in either Fishing & Remedial, Tubular Running Systems or Well Bore Clean Up tool design but be keen to broaden your experience and knowledge.
At employment date:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Design, alternatively long relevant experience
- Minimum 4 to 8 years’ engineering design experience
- Experience in design of either Fishing & Remedial, Tubular Running Systems or WellBore Clean-Up tools
- Proficient in 3D modelling software, preferably SolidWorks
- Proficient user of Product Data Management Software, preferably Solidworks EPDM
- Proficient in Engineering drawing
- Competent in relevant national and international standards
- Understanding of machining and manufacturing processes
- Moderate knowledge of relevant engineering materials
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Excellent English, both written and oral
- Experience of coaching or mentoring preferred
- Experience of designing patented technology preferred
- Development of innovative new products to satisfy or surpass project objectives
- Incremental improvement of products with focus on improved operability, manufacture and functionality.
- Design of prototype testing and required equipment ensuring they are safe, measurable and achievable.
- Lead prototype assembly and testing on assigned projects
- Contribute to the conception, estimation and scoping of new projects
- Effective and timely communication to colleagues, managers and customers to positively influence the function of the team
- Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure delivery of outcomes and deadlines
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times
- Maintain and develop good relations and good service towards our customers and suppliers
- Contribute to cooperation/experience transfer between the different environments and departments within OWS world wide
- Produce and check 3D models (concept and detail), drawings, calculation and prototype test documentation ensuring they are accurate and error free.
- Participate in internal design review meetings
- Reviewing and recommending Subcontract/Sub-vendor quotes
- Contribute to the investigation, resolution and documentation of Quality cases in a timely and technically acceptable fashion
- Undertake training and development activities as required by the company
- Any other tasks as required by company
- Travel both nationally and internationally as required by company
REPORT TO : Engineering Team Leader
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW