One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
Job title: Co op\Internship Student Reservoir Engineering
Job ID: 14026
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Job Title: Co-op Student, Thermal Development
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: September 2015
Length of Term: 8, 12, or 16 months
Business Unit: Heavy Oil & Gas
Application Deadline: May 31, 2015 or once the position has been filled
Key Responsibilities may involve:
- Gathering and analyzing production data
- Evaluating well performance
- Making cost estimates
- Conducting project feasibility studies and economic evaluations
- Reserves evaluation and management
- Performing downhole calculations on oil-gas systems to compute flowing bottom-hole pressures, wellhead pressures and flow rates
- Field visits may be required
- Must be currently enrolled in a University Co-op or Internship program
- Strong academic background in mechanical, chemical or petroleum engineering
- Previous field oil and gas experience is an asset
- Computer skills (MS Office and databases) are essential
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Students moving to Calgary for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during field visits.
Benefits of a Husky Co-op/Internship:
- Opportunities to:
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
- gain eligibility for Husky’s engineering rotation program (for new graduates)
- Relevant experience in your field of study
- Competitive wages
- Students moving to a new location may be eligible for a relocation allowance.
Please submit your application documents, including your resume, cover letter, transcript, & confirmation of enrolment in a co-op/internship program (ex. transcript stating co-op enrolment, letter from co-op coordinator)
Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW