Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 60,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources.
Job title: Drilling Superintendent Consultant
Job ID: 1502384
Location: Poza Rica Mexico
ABOUT THIS JOB
Accountable for the planning, execution and performance management of all aspects of integrated operations for the specific projects assigned. Responsible for the efficient, cost effective, safe and environmentally friendly execution of operations in accordance with Baker Hughes’ policies, procedures and guidelines. Integrated operations management for the assigned project(s) within the specific Hemisphere.
Supervision of wellsite supervisors, drilling & completion engineers along with logistical support personnel. Provision to the BHIO expert teams of technical knowledge and experience in well design, planning, performance management and fit for purpose drilling, evaluation, completion and production operations. Reports to Project Manager and supervises Well site and Logistics Supervisor.
- Participate in the plan and program review with engineering team to assess issues such as, but not limited to:
- Ensure that the plan can be executed with the allocated drilling unit
- Advise on the rig limit capabilities in order to adjust the plan.
- Identify logistics and material, tools and equipment issues.
- Identify potential HSE issues.
- Participate in the discussion with the Well Site Supervisor (WSS) together with the engineering team to assess issues such as, but not limited to:
- Requirement at the rig level (installation, rig up, power etc…)
- Rig crew training and awareness needs
- Resolve Logistics issues
- Resolve Personnel issues
- Coordinate the execution of the drilling plan with the Senior Drilling Engineer.
- Coordinate the movement and inspection of material and tools dispatched to and from the drilling unit with Logistics Supervisor.
- Audit Logistics support operations and performance and endorse the monthly logistic time break down and performance report.
- Audit the drilling unit operation and performance. Endorse the monthly rig time break down and performance report in concert with Senior Drilling Engineer and Drilling/Well Engineers.
- Audit and inspect equipment, tools, personnel, operations and performance of well services suppliers and all third parties in coordination with the Drilling/Well Engineers.
- Provide travel and well site supervision.
- Supervise the overall implementation of the drilling program through direct monitoring, advising, and instructing during the drilling operations.
- Ensure that all information required to execute the drilling program and related operations has been transmitted to the WSS.
- Partner with the Senior Drilling Engineer to conduct a morning call report with the WSS and the team onboard to: Review reports for correctness
- Partner with the Senior Drilling Engineer to conduct an afternoon call report with the WSS on board.
- Review and endorse the rig performance report and logistic performance report for End of Well report.
- Monitor actual well costs and benchmark against established KPIs and specifications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English (with both oral and written skills).
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to solve substantially difficult drilling problems of complex nature and broad scope.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Effective communicator with all levels of company and customer personnel.
- People management and development.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership, supervision and people relationship building abilities.
- Find satisfaction and thrive working in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, and dynamically changing workday and organization.
- Ability to think on your feet, and accept the accountability of yours and your management’s decisions.
- Willing to take on the challenge and responsibilities of running a multi-rig drilling program.
- Be able to embrace change, and continually seek new technologies or processes that improve drilling efficiencies.
Education, Experience, Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in petroleum or other engineering degree with previous oil industry experience is required
- 10 or more years of experience as Well Site Supervisor, Senior Drilling Engineer, experience or equivalent with demonstrated knowledge of rig systems and crew evaluation methodology.
- A proven track record of accomplishments; deep, high pressure, hot hole, onshore/offshore drilling operations experience preferred.
- International Well Control Certification. Deep understanding of well control situations in field
- Good knowledge of drilling units and accessories and down hole drilling technologies.
- Good knowledge of operational logistic support requirements in drilling operations.
- International working experience is a bonus.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW