Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Job title: Downstream Project Function Competency Lead
Job ID: 62913BR
Location: Naperville, United States – Illinois
The Downstream Project Function Competency Lead is responsible for establishing and maintaining competency standards and frameworks for ~800 Downstream Project Professionals and the associated key roles that support project development and delivery e.g. Gatekeeper, Project Sponsor, etc. The Competency Lead will be responsible for building a baseline and continuously monitoring the Health of the Project Discipline while identifying individual and systemic gaps. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a corresponding competency assessment approach taking into account BP requirements and local labor laws. The competency assessments will be used to assure individual, team, and function competency. They will also be used to identify gaps and to establish gap closure plans in support of industry-leading performance.
This role is an integral part of the recently formed Downstream Projects Organizational Capability Team and will work closely with the Projects Capability Supply Lead and the Downstream Projects Development Lead. The incumbents in the above roles will be working to build structure and create processes to integrate all of the work streams within the team. The role will report directly to the Projects Organizational Capability Manager.
– Establish and maintain competency standards and frameworks for the Downstream Projects function
– Further develop the assessment process aligned with BP requirements and local laws and regulations
– Engage Downstream business leadership and Project organizations in the Competency program
– Oversee prioritized Competency assessment process to assure competency and/or develop gap closure plans with appropriate stakeholders
– Champion increased use of competency standards in performance evaluations, resourcing, and in-post and career development
– Use overview of competency assessments for team development and Health of the Discipline assessments
– Integrate competency into talent forums and functional succession planning
Bachelors Degree in HR or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
– Organizational Development experience (5 to 8 years)
– Experience in Talent Management, including developing gap closure plans and succession planning
– Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing environments, while maintaining ability to deliver results
– Ability to present, communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
– Masters Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
– Experience tactfully providing objective and constructive feedback
– Focuses effort and prioritizes work to deliver business value in a non-structured environment
– Actively seeks out know-how and best practice in own area of contribution
Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Yes – up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW